Author Topic: Anyone else experiencing this?  (Read 673 times)

Offline frocha

Anyone else experiencing this?
« on: August 06, 2020, 03:54:05 PM »
Just got my CZ 75 D Compact a few weeks ago and have put about 200 rounds through it.  I love it! But I do have a few complaints or maybe just observations.  First, the grooves on the trigger seems to be contributing to my pulling shots low and left at 15yards.  I know it's just my grip and I need to adjust my trigger pull, but don't seem to notice that happening with smooth triggers?  I'm thinking my finger slides a bit as it slightly curves around the trigger during the pull?  With the grooves, my finger sticks to the trigger and just slightly pulls the barrel left.  I've adjusted my grip several times and I've eliminated the "low", but shots are still slightly "left". Any thoughts?  The only other thing is more of an inconvenience.  I just can't readily find accessories.... holsters, mags, sights. With a Sig, or Beretta, or S&W, you can walk into about any gun store and this stuff is on the rack.  Everything for CZ has to be special ordered.  Is that just me?

Offline bonj

Re: Anyone else experiencing this?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 04:50:32 PM »
Placing both your left thumbs so that they are touching each other and in line, on or just below the slide will prevent a south west shot, as the pushing force of your left hand against the grip will keep the gun from moving left after you pull the trigger. This what my CCW trainer showed me and I was hitting bulls eyes instead of my normal SW shots. My thumbs rest perfectly on the levers on the left side of my CZ 83.

Offline jurek

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 05:03:12 PM »
not a grip problem, but trigger press problem.
If you press it straight back, parallel to frame and do not slide the finger over the trigger surface - you will never have such problem.
It's hard to get it perfect right away, but practicing is the key.

I stopped using last joint on trigger finger (kept it locked). It took me few hours, but worked!

Offline gatorb

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 05:13:31 PM »
+ 1 on what bonj stated here is a basic video on the subject which there are hundreds on youtube

“For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don’t understand, no explanation is possible.”

Offline Rmach

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 05:36:30 PM »
I developed a flinch and was pulling my shots low left.  The only consistent cure was to move my trigger finger position almost to the first joint.  Also, try to stop your pull at the break and then pull gently.  Those two things will eliminate your problem IMO.  I totally agree with Jurek that it's a trigger pull problem, but my finger needs to be almost at that first joint.
CZ Shadow 2 Orange, S2 urban gray, S2 black and blue, 3 polished stainless 75b's and a black 75b all with MCARBO kits and front Dawson FO.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 07:56:21 PM »
Yeah, I have a history of orders to CGW and CZ USA and CZ Custom.

I'll bet you can get a smooth trigger for that pistol.

CGW ships very fast.  Very fast.  CZ USA not so much.

You may get parts for other guns at a store, but you'll get better groups on your targets from your CZ.  I keep spending money on the M&Ps and FNS pistols and even the XD .45, but they still won't keep up with my P07/P09, CZ75B, etc.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 06:59:28 PM »
Placing both your left thumbs so that they are touching each other and in line, on or just below the slide will prevent a south west shot ... .

I only have one left thumb.
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak Peoples' Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline igolfat8

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 07:26:53 PM »
Placing both your left thumbs so that they are touching each other and in line, on or just below the slide will prevent a south west shot ... .

I only have one left thumb.

Well DUH, therein lies your problem!  ;)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 09:04:07 PM »
Thumbs on the slide?

Offline Tok36

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 09:24:49 PM »
Thumbs on the slide?

I hear some folks like it rough Earl.  :D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 10:51:01 PM »
Thumbs on the slide?

I hear some folks like it rough Earl.  :D

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 09:57:47 AM »
As far as sights, holsters and other stuff, just order online. Local shops just don't carry CZ stuff from what I see.