Author Topic: Got to shoot an MTR today, video of results at 100 yards  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Joe L

Got to shoot an MTR today, video of results at 100 yards
« on: August 19, 2020, 03:50:32 PM »
This went well.  Got to put 100 rounds through my friend's new MTR and love the way it shoots.  What a fine rifle. 

Here is a 2 minute video of the 10 targets, 10 rounds each, two different types of SK ammo, 100 yards, bipod, bag. 

This is the rifle I would buy if I wanted a good .22 target rifle today.  Instead of a Savage. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline david s

Re: Got to shoot an MTR today, video of results at 100 yards
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 05:00:00 PM »
I have no experience with the 457 or a MTR (I'm a lefty) but I do have half a dozen 452's and a 455 and no disappointment with any of them. When you get tiered of the Savage Mk2 CZ is still making the 457's.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 04:44:13 PM »
...When you get tired of the Savage Mk2 CZ is still making the 457's.

After another 6 weeks of trying to figure out a cleaning routine for the Savage, I gave up and ordered an MTR.  Not sure when it will be here.  The Savage barrel is just too rough for any consistency in carbon buildup, so I never know when it is going to shoot well and when it is going to tank on me.  Life is too short to deal with an unpredictable firearm. 
Joe

Offline david s

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »
I like the lines of the CZ Match Target Rifles they look purposeful. Being a south paw they wont work for me but they are nice rifles. May your MTR be as accurate and consistent as the rifle looks.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 05:18:53 PM »
I've got a Ruger Mk1 5.5" bull barrel I used to shoot soda cans with a 100 yds.  Good shooting pistol.

I've got a darn nice shooting old Winchester M52B target rifle.  I don't think I ever shot it past 25 yds.

Darn Joe, now you've got me wondering about that old rifle.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Joe L

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 08:28:38 PM »
I only have the one .22 rifle and it is the most frustrating firearm I have.  I've gotten pretty good with a red dot on a 3-1/2" to 5" barrel pistols at 100 yards.  They are all very predictable, as in, if the dot was a little off center of the aim point, the hole would be, too.  Dang .22 with a high magnification scope is too much for me.  I can see the crosshairs over a nickel size target at 100 yards and the hole shows up 2" low or 1" right and the crosshairs don't move.  I never know where the bullet hole will be, but I know exactly where the gun was aimed when the gun went off. 

But I shot my buddy's MTR and had no problems.  Then I made a big mistake.  I took my borescope and notebook computer to the range on Tuesday morning and borescoped the MTR and the Savage after we had each shot about 50 rounds.  No comparison.  The CZ MTR machining and finish were superb compared to the Savage, especially at the chamber end.  That was the last straw. 

Joe

Offline david s

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 08:40:56 PM »
I think the 22 L.R. CZ MTR is the only rimfire 457 that has the match chamber if I remember correctly.

Offline edrabara

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 12:44:08 AM »
I think the 22 L.R. CZ MTR is the only rimfire 457 that has the match chamber if I remember correctly.
The 457 Varmint MTR is the only model sold in the USA with an advertised Match chamber. However, CZUB now offers the 457 Long Range Precision model outside the USA. Someone in RFC CZ/BRNO was able to get hold of one.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 05:38:38 AM »
Joe, sounds like you'll be getting around to something I think you mentioned weeks ago.  The Savage goes in the safe for a plinking rifle for the younger shooters to learn with and you talk to someone about ordering/receiving a new CZ bolt action .22.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Just_kitten_you

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 02:59:53 AM »
The 457 Varmint MTR is the only model sold in the USA with an advertised Match chamber. However, CZUB now offers the 457 Long Range Precision model outside the USA. Someone in RFC CZ/BRNO was able to get hold of one.

I know 3 guys have an LRP in the states. I ordered 1, but I’m located in europe.
It has the same barrel (20”) and chamber as the mtr. Everything is the same as the mtr except the stock and it comes with a cz 25moa rail and a bolt knob. I held it in the store and fell in love with the feel of it. Hope mine will arrive soon!

anything