CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ40B/40P

CZ 40P Barrels / beating a dead horse

(1/3) > >>

mullenba:
I'm looking at buying a CZ 40P, but would like to possibly chamber it for a different caliber.  I've found a bunch of posts talking about people trying to get new barrels for their 40B/P and the conclusion seems to be that there are none.  Looking at Numrich's parts listings and images, it really seems that the 40B barrel is very similar to my P01 or the SP-01, with an extremely similar lug design.  It (visually) appears that you would only have to turn the barrel down in a lathe to remove the top locking ribs and it could fit...

Is anyone able to compare the two barrels, or am I totally wrong?

Earl Keese:
All that time/work/money into a 40P is a waste. There are a few here that own them and like them, but. . .it was just a way for  CZ to use up left over slides from the failed Colt joint venture.

mullenba:

--- Quote from: Earl Keese on August 19, 2020, 09:06:37 PM ---All that time/work/money into a 40P is a waste. There are a few here that own them and like them, but. . .it was just a way for  CZ to use up left over slides from the failed Colt joint venture.

--- End quote ---

I'm not totally disagreeing, but I have a P01 and it feels fantastic to shoot.  I like the idea of the same frame in .40.

If I want a .40 CZ, the only real options (to me) are the SP-01 tactical (discontinued) or the 40P (also discontinued).  Given how hard it is to find either one, I'm thinking I can't necessarily be too choosy.

Earl Keese:

--- Quote from: mullenba on August 19, 2020, 11:17:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Earl Keese on August 19, 2020, 09:06:37 PM ---All that time/work/money into a 40P is a waste. There are a few here that own them and like them, but. . .it was just a way for  CZ to use up left over slides from the failed Colt joint venture.

--- End quote ---

I'm not totally disagreeing, but I have a P01 and it feels fantastic to shoot.  I like the idea of the same frame in .40.

If I want a .40 CZ, the only real options (to me) are the SP-01 tactical (discontinued) or the 40P (also discontinued).  Given how hard it is to find either one, I'm thinking I can't necessarily be too choosy.

--- End quote ---
What you want is a P-06, somewhat scarce but not too hard to find.

AZ_CZ:
What caliber are you looking to re-chamber to?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version