Author Topic: PCR, Shadow 2 firing out of battery  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Jason248

Re: PCR, Shadow 2 firing out of battery
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 08:19:59 PM »
I agree about checking at each stage, also about pulling what you have loaded.  Many have had a squib due to their reloads. I unfortunately have had 2 in only my 9mm out of many 10s of thousands of rounds I’ve loaded.  In my case it was due to my progressive press coming to a stop due to an issue, me then clearing that issue and not realizing the piercer measure didn’t drop due to the malfunction…. So both squibbed enough to get in the barrel but not allow the next to chamber.

Regardless of what your cause may be, if you enjoy your gun and your fingers pull those rounds. It’s not like you can’t re use every component so all you lose is the time…

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2021, 08:48:46 PM »
If the powder ignited the bullet will leave the barrel.

If the powder didn't ignite the bullet can be in the barrel and the action should be chock full of unburned powder when your rack the slide to the rear.  Not burnt powder residue - unburned powder.  Like a dirty .22 rim fire only 100 times worse.

Is it the first round from the magazine?  Or farther down in the magazine?

If it's the first round how do you chamber it?  Hit the slide release and let the recoil spring slam the slide forward?  Pull back on the slide and release it letting the recoil spring slam the slide forward?  Do you pull the slide to the rear and then ease it forward that first time?  Should do that, you need to let the recoil spring push the slide forward unhindered by hand/finger grip on the slide.

If the ammo plunks into the chamber fine when you drop it in for the test it should be chambering fine when you load it to fire.  If not, something is dragging/hanging up and keeping the slide from going all the way forward.  Do you have the original recoil spring to install in it to make sure there is enough spring strength/slide velocity to feed/chamber the rounds reliably?

Sometimes a new gun needs a couple hundred rounds of full power ammo to break in the machine edges that rub/rotate together till they smooth out some during break in.

And that brings me to lube.  Is the pistol clean with some lube on the slide/frame rails and the hammer spring/strut and hammer/sear and the slide release shaft were it contacts the barrel and the barrel where it contacts the barrel bushing?

For the record, I have a bucket or two of CZ pistols and only one ever needed a small bit of polishing (on the feed ramp) to insure 100% feed/chambering.  Meaning that is the only one that had "break-in" issues.  You can get a bad item from any/all manufacturers, but yours having gone through CGW makes it much less likely than buying a pistol straight from the factory.

Good luck with them.  CZ's can be awesome pistols.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2021, 04:31:51 AM »
Pretty sure this thread is dead since the OP hasn't made a reply in 14 months.