Author Topic: 2075 Rami Sights  (Read 376 times)

Offline mikemass

2075 Rami Sights
« on: September 11, 2020, 01:54:37 AM »
I recently purchased the 2075 Rami at the LGS and once I got it home in a dimmer light, I found the sights a bit lacking.  I know there's not a lot of options out there for the Rami in regards to sights. CGW has two tritium signs, factory Mepro-Lights (Tru Dot) for $85 and another set for $118.95, and I can't really find any other.  Does anyone have experience with these sights vs. the stock sights?  The stock three-dot sights are tiny and I'd like something larger.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Mike

Offline Tok36

Re: 2075 Rami Sights
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 03:07:41 AM »
CZ Customs has a RAMI night sight option as well. I do not have experience with any of the RAMI night sight options. I look forward to the input of other forum members on the subject.

CZ Trijicon® Tritium Rear Sight Tactical 2 DOT For 2075 RAMI
https://czcustom.com/cz-2075-rami-tac-rear-tri-sight.html

CZ Trijicon® Tritium Front Sight (3.1mm Wide Blade) Rami CZ 2075
https://czcustom.com/cz-trijiconr-tritium-front-sight-3-1mm-wide-blade-rami.html
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline dbarn

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 07:57:59 AM »
For my eyes, I like the all black rear and FO front from CZ Custom. They are easy to see and POI/POA is near perfect. For night time I use a flashlight.

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 09:29:43 AM »
I broke down and ordered a set of XS Big Dot sights for my Rami.  For me, they are great and a fairly easy install.  IMHO, the Rami would be perfect if CZ put the old style(less curved) trigger and larger dot sights on the gun at the factory.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 10:08:46 AM »
The Meprolite sights that come on the Rami are garbage. I have a pile of half a dozen or so that died early or otherwise broke, the bases are also extremely soft and malleable, so you can’t move them around in the dovetail much without them getting loose.

The Trijicon night sights are much better, but make sure the front sight base is thick enough to stick in the dovetail, otherwise you may have to shim or locktight it in place.

Offline mikemass

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 12:23:50 AM »
Thank all of you for your input.  I will definitely look into the Trijicon sights.  Unfortunately, the CGW site does not mention the brand of the $118.95 sights, so I will contact them.  Otherwise, it looks like I can get them separately from CZ Custom.

I'm debating on the XS Big Dot sights.  i've never used that type of sight but it's certainly an interesting setup, and worth looking into.  Nick1946, was that an easy transition from conventional sights?  I have multiple guns, but they are all the conventional sights, both night sights and regular, 3-dot and outline, so I'm used to that type of setup.  I guess I'm a creature of habit, LOL!  Who knows, I may like it better if I got them.  My eyes aren't what they used to be, especially with floaters obscuring my vision.

Thanks again, and also for confirming that the factory meprolights are lacking the clarity needed, especially for an EDC gun, and in low light, as I hope to use this for my CCW when I get it.

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 08:48:55 AM »
I really didn't know what to expect from the XS sights, but it only took one range trip to adjust to them.  Just keep the dot on top of the "i" and you are good to go.  I've had cataract surgery in both eyes and have issues focusing on the front sight at arms length.

Offline mikemass

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »
Nick1946, good to know it's a quick adjustment.  I will ultimately need cataract surgery, but for now my biggest problem is floaters and dry eyes.  It's amazing how these can affect the focusing, LOL!  So the big dot is a plus!

Thanks again for your input!

anything