Author Topic: Need Bren 2 MS stock length  (Read 1007 times)

Offline mikec

Re: Need Bren 2 MS stock length
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 08:48:34 PM »
So why not just call it 11” and be done with it?   When I did SBR on a Scorpion Evo pistol I just looked up dimensions posted on this website.  Regardless of what the approved SBR paperwork lists, I can at anytime change to a different barrel or stock, so the whole thing is stupid, of no practical value to anybody, and merely a single point in time data for ATF bureaucrats.

Offline Magsz

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 11:42:48 PM »
Ill answer about the CZ sights.

Are they worth 200+ dollars?  No, they're not.  A set of Magpul, or Troy sights will do the same thing for slightly less money these days.  I think a set of Magpul Pro sights can be had for under 200 but I may be quoting sale prices.

They're great sights, robust, well designed and probably as durable or more so than anything else on the market.  The locking posts are steel and the sights are seriously well machined.  Still, in this day and age where you can have quality for less, I would go with something else unless you absolutely MUST have authentic CZ sights.

Also, the glow in the dark paint to ME is a detractor and not something I want on my iron sights.

Offline Crawl

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 12:13:16 AM »
For the price of the iron sights, buy Troy. Troy sights flip up without a button push. The CZ sights require you to push the release button and manually open them. I prefer the Troy tritium sights for sure.

Offline mikec

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 12:33:35 AM »
I did put Troy sights on my .223 Bren 2 carbine, just curious what the original CZ sights for Bren 2 look like, since the rifle did not come with them and CZ-USA is not importing them at this time.

Offline alp3367

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 10:56:38 AM »
“Original” as in provided to the Czech military? 

Are there ANY differences in these Bren 2 stocks, besides the texturing, and why is the “carbine” stock $40 more expensive? 

They feel a bit different, but that's pretty subjective. The newer one (changed at the request of some military users) is a bit more expensive to make, hence the higher price. The main body of the earlier design was basically one piece, the newer one is not. More parts = more $.

Offline shineboy2000

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2020, 11:26:04 AM »
Anyone ordered from there, curious how long from ordering to receiving?