Author Topic: I’ve just about had it with these ammo prices!!!  (Read 22574 times)

Offline Gunnerdad80

Re: I’ve just about had it with these ammo prices!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2020, 09:25:39 PM »
Ludicrous GunShow Ammo price of the day - 50 round boxes of FMJ .380 priced at $100 each   :o

Wednesday it will be ~$16/box at Camping World when the shipment comes in.

RIDICULOUS!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline eastman

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2020, 09:34:01 PM »
and 10mm was cheaper than 9mm

And not surprisingly, I didn't buy any ammo today. I'll see what Wednesday brings.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2020, 10:19:50 PM »
Ludicrous GunShow Ammo price of the day - 50 round boxes of FMJ .380 priced at $100 each   :o

RIDICULOUS!!! ;D ;D ;D
I can't think of a single good reason to attend a gun show.

Offline George16

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2020, 10:34:50 PM »

RIDICULOUS!!! ;D ;D ;D

That’s price is ludicrous  O0 ;D O0

Offline eastman

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2020, 11:06:19 PM »

RIDICULOUS!!! ;D ;D ;D
I can't think of a single good reason to attend a gun show.

The Target Guy and the Damascus Steel Knife Guys were the ones who got my money. Sometimes this show has an actual Microtech dealer for my DA-OTF fix.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2020, 06:35:33 AM »
Funny, just a few months ago, guys were saying 9mm and 223 was so cheap to buy that reloading just didn't make much sense.

That was then, Ridiculously High Prices are now.

I have always been a Reloader, even when Ammunition was much less expensive.

I've stocked up on loading supplies and ammunition whenever possible because somehow I knew, back then, that these days would come.

It just happen so regularly now, so many events that affect our gun purchase behavior, unfavorable gun laws, hearth quakes, pandemics, mass shootings, riots, the Kardashians, and the one we haven't foreseen yet. That is why we should all stock up during good times and become reloaders.
The worst could be yet to come. Imagine the Presidency and the Senate turning liberal in November, it is a very possible outcome. If this happens, I can guaranty all gun shops and gun supplies will be totally empty within 24 hours, and if we are crying when seeing a 50 rounds box of 380 going for $100, it will probably double that price, and someone will buy it for sure. But that would just be the beginning, Congress won't be on our side any longer, we will see many new Federal gun regulations. We are in trouble (Sorry, I didn't really want to bring politic into the picture, but just as an example of all we could be dealing with).

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2020, 01:41:42 PM »
It just happen so regularly now, so many events that affect our gun purchase behavior, unfavorable gun laws, hearth quakes, pandemics, mass shootings, riots, the Kardashians, and the one we haven't foreseen yet. That is why we should all stock up during good times and become reloaders.
The worst could be yet to come. Imagine the Presidency and the Senate turning liberal in November, it is a very possible outcome. If this happens, I can guaranty all gun shops and gun supplies will be totally empty within 24 hours, and if we are crying when seeing a 50 rounds box of 380 going for $100, it will probably double that price, and someone will buy it for sure. But that would just be the beginning, Congress won't be on our side any longer, we will see many new Federal gun regulations. We are in trouble (Sorry, I didn't really want to bring politic into the picture, but just as an example of all we could be dealing with).

Yeah, definitely don’t wanna make it too political. We don’t want topics to get shut down. I don’t mean that to sound preachy or anything.

Offline Darbn

« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2020, 03:21:58 PM »
I was at a gun show today and the best prices I saw on 9mm reloads was $.50 a shot. .223 was $1+ a shot. Sucks...

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2020, 06:19:09 AM »
Gun shows arent what they used to be, but I will say that smaller local shows are better than the larger shows in larger cities....or so it has seemed to me. As for a reason to attend, being able to buy something private sale is certainly reason enough. Have one coming up on Halloween day, and I will be there unless something comes up. It will be the last show in my area before the election, and Im afraid prices my skyrocket after that- as if they werent high enough already.
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2020, 10:24:47 AM »
I was at a gun show today and the best prices I saw on 9mm reloads was $.50 a shot. .223 was $1+ a shot. Sucks...

if someone does buy at those prices the gun show worked for the guy selling, maybe not for you or your buddies but it is open to the public and if the public pays the price, it becomes the price.
You don't have to like it and you don't have to buy at that number. But you may have to choose between that number and carrying a bat one day soon. I wont get political but it is the goal of one of the 4 candidates in this Pres VP thing going on.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

GMork

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 03:13:42 AM by GMork »

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2020, 11:52:03 AM »
Yes yes, I’m jealous GMork.  :o  8)

Offline parastoo

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2020, 10:20:22 PM »
I was at my local Cabela's today and bought 500 rds. of Herters 9mm ammo for $119.99+tax.
 They had 1000 rd. boxes of 55gr. 5.56 for $429.99. Winchester.

Offline the war wagon

• Mafioso of the Apocalypse
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2021, 08:19:30 AM »
I have a "Dont use it I lose it" Policy.  For me if I don't have a utilitarian purpose for a gun its gone. They are tools after all.

This is the thought I came to after 9/11 - consolidation of calibers and types that I liked and used well (1911's in .45 and AR's in 5.56).

My Bren 805 is really my only deviation to that policy in the last 20 years, but it's 5.56 - takes AR mags - and performs more reliably than a finicky (gassed) AR pistol, which is why I went with it for that role.
- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2021, 10:26:38 PM »
Primers are always my downfall - I buy a bunch...then load and shoot 'em all! Lower my consumption to 2008 levels, I can probably keep skills up for another year just fine, then I will start to get nervous. Also just got back in to black powder, but even caps are hard to come by.