Author Topic: I’ve just about had it with these ammo prices!!!  (Read 22676 times)

Offline Gunnerdad80

Re: I’ve just about had it with these ammo prices!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2020, 08:20:14 AM »
If some of you are saying there’s a .22 LR shortage I haven’t seen that in my area. I went to two Walmarts and one Academy yesterday and they all had a fair amount of .22 LR but barely any .22 Magnum.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 08:27:11 AM »
If some of you are saying there’s a .22 LR shortage I haven’t seen that in my area. I went to two Walmarts and one Academy yesterday and they all had a fair amount of .22 LR but barely any .22 Magnum.
If you have a 22lr and like to shoot it, you better stock up. The stores are rationing 22 here in East TN. My online supplier was back in stock with Ely yesterday and sold out of bulk ammo in a couple hours. I stood in line at Academy the other day and was limited to 3 100rd packs of Minimags. As a reference, one match uses a minimum 195rds. Even the odd hunting calibers are getting scarce here.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 08:55:49 AM »
If you have a 22lr and like to shoot it, you better stock up. The stores are rationing 22 here in East TN. My online supplier was back in stock with Ely yesterday and sold out of bulk ammo in a couple hours. I stood in line at Academy the other day and was limited to 3 100rd packs of Minimags. As a reference, one match uses a minimum 195rds. Even the odd hunting calibers are getting scarce here.

Oh wow. Well, now that I’m feeling somewhat comfortable with my 9mm, .380, & 300 Blk stocks, I’ll start buying more .22 mag.

This is funny to me though. Academy is only limiting 9mm and .223/5.56 right now. Customers are only allowed three boxes of each. The funny thing is, it doesn’t matter if it’s three 20 round boxes or three 1000 round boxes. I watched a guy walking out of Academy struggling to carry three 1000 round boxes of .223. I could not help but laugh in awe of this guy.  ;D I assume his intentions are to flip it but I don't know that for certain. I mean, this is Texas, so it’s not too unusual for someone to have that much for personal use.  ;D

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 09:14:16 AM »
During the last shortage I was really into 40S&W and had plenty and could find ammo. This time around my main round is 9mm. I am just not willing to shoot any right now. So, I decided to finally get into 22 right before all the insanity started. Picked up a Beretta 92 22LR kit and have been loving it. Took my Elite LTT to the range a couple weeks back and fired one mag of 9mm through it and about 150 rounds of 22LR. REALLY widh i could find a Kadet kit for my P07 and P09!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:30:57 AM by Claymore504 »

Offline em44052

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »
REALLY widh i could find a Kadet kit for my P07 and P09!

I found a Kadet kit for my P07 days before everything shut down for $150 used. This is what I have been shooting for the most part since then.

Offline RSR

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2020, 01:24:46 PM »
I stopped at Academy last week for something other than ammo. Most of the guys in line were retirees with their wives so they could buy double. All talking about the lines and limits at various stores around town. Flippers not shooters. I'm stocked with components but continue to buy 22lr for Steel Challenge. Good thing I was wearing a mask so they couldn't see the look on my face.

Exact same thing as the last ammo crunch -- they follow one another around town buying.  And the thing of it is is that these grayhairs doing this (and uncertain as to how many are actually into firearms beyond just an opportunity to make a quick buck) only serves to turn off new shooters and jeopardize younger folks' continued 2A rights.

Offline RSR

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2020, 01:28:59 PM »
GD80...Selling guns to buy bullets?
I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't even consider it.
Good news is, Now you are set for a little while. Next time you sell something to buy bullets - PM me. I am always looking for a good deal on guns.

RCG

What good is a car without gasoline?  Or tires?  Or brakes?  Or a running engine?

I've sold guns to outfit existing guns with optics, lights, etc; acquire spare parts; and yes, stock up on ammo.  Basically, my hobby/collection is at the disposal of growing my collection in the way that best meets my current needs...

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2020, 01:38:48 PM »
Basically, my hobby/collection is at the disposal of growing my collection in the way that best meets my current needs...

Same here.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »
Selling CZs is blasphemy! CZ manufactured these pistols for you to buy them, they never intended them to be resold. It is just not part of the design.  Glocks and Sigs and Berettas were designed to be resold because they knew that the buyers would not be satisfied with them.

This is the hard science of the matter folks. I came to these deductions in a lab while surrounded by scientists!  :P
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »
Selling CZs is blasphemy! CZ manufactured these pistols for you to buy them, they never intended them to be resold. It is just not part of the design.  Glocks and Sigs and Berettas were designed to be resold because they knew that the buyers would not be satisfied with them.

This is the hard science of the matter folks. I came to these deductions in a lab while surrounded by scientists!  :P

;D ;D ;D Well I’m selling 2 Tanfoglios and a Jericho 941 Enhanced so will you still be my friend? ;D

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 02:37:20 PM »

I was in the same lab as you. Where you there when I was one of the scientists?.....or when I was just in the lab?

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2020, 02:38:45 PM »
Basically, my hobby/collection is at the disposal of growing my collection in the way that best meets my current needs...

Same here.

gun shows are based on folks who think like this......I love gun shows.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2020, 04:46:49 PM »
I have a local show coming up this next month. One of the main reasons for going is looking for ammo. I am lucky in a way in that I dont actually shoot alot outside of hunting, so the ammo I need for that is not depleted very much. I did a good job of stocking up on most calibers for home defense/shtf guns that I have, and have hardly scratched it. There are some calibers/gauges that I dont think you can ever have "too much" of, thats what Ill be looking for at the show....along with whatever "new toy" of opportunity might be there.
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Ron M.

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2020, 07:03:09 PM »
Gave up on the NBA years ago, NFL a few years ago, and now MLB. More time for fishing and hunting so not a loss in my book. The redfish wanted to die Sunday morning, 2 nice 25/26 inch reds plus caught and released 5 more over 20, 10 or 12 trout released too. The boss lady caught 3 nice flounder and 10 trout. Pan sauteed flounder with a mixed green salad for dinner this evening.

FISH FRY AT RON M’s HOUSE!!! :D

You're going to have to meet me up at lake Livingston and help catch a bunch of white bass, crappie, and catfish if you want a fish fry.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2020, 07:09:06 PM »

22lr isn’t ravaged like 9mm yet, but if this follows the pattern of last shortages then it will be scarce and it will take longer to come back than the other calibers.