Author Topic: Trigger adjustments with the CGW Pro kit  (Read 2068 times)

Offline WesJ

Trigger adjustments with the CGW Pro kit
« on: September 21, 2020, 11:14:52 AM »
I am anxiously awaiting the RAMI Decocker model and a CGW Pro kit. I have been reviewing all the videos I can find to be prepared to install the kit, and am cautiously confident I can get this done properly. Also will polish the trigger bar while I've got the gun apart.
I haven't seen much on the trigger adjustments, however- and it looks like one of the two screws is adjusted from the inside? Am I correct in that? Just not sure how that's done. Any guidance or references on the 2 trigger setscrew adjustments??
Thanks

Offline mkd

Re: Trigger adjustments with the CGW Pro kit
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 10:35:14 AM »
wesj! the cgw pro kit i installed on my p-01 had the two screws tapped thru the cgw 85 c trigger. one is for overtravel once the trigger breaks and the other is for the amount of travel after the trigger resets. in effect it shortens the travel on both ends of the trigger movement. there was an adjustable sear cage safety screw but that was on the safety model sp-01 pro pkg install kit.

Offline em44052

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:46:02 AM »
I believe it will be fairly self explanatory once you see the trigger. If not, the guys at CGW will help you out. They have a great service department, and I have talked to them on occasion when I needed advice and direction on their products.

Offline WesJ

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 10:48:28 AM »
Thanks, guys... I'm sure- as you say, I'll be able to figure it out once I have it in hand.
Wes

Offline mkd

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 10:00:48 AM »
WesJ! when you set the overtravel screw ,the one that reduces the trigger travel after the hammer falls, it helped me to cock the trigger and then release it slowly using my thumb to make sure the sear is not getting ticked . it is possible to have it set to release the hammer and it still makes contact with the sear as it falls. i adjusted the overtravel screw in almost a turn from the position where it just cleared the sear. also took a dremel and cut a small portion of the long end of the allen key that fit both screws and attached it to an orange wire nut. I cut the orange wire nut off flush with the threaded insert,threaded the short part of the allen key into the insert so it was sticking out about 1/2" and was straight, and then used gorilla glue to bond the allen key to the wire nut. the whole thing when finished slips easily inside the trigger guards of the sp-01 and p-01. I put an index mark on the wire nut with a magic marker which made loctiting the screws really easy. i fine tuned the screws with my homemade wrench, took note of the index mark position,  backed them out one full turn to apply loctite to the threads, and then turned them in one turn and let the loctite set. much easier than quarter turning a real small allen key with 70 yr old eyes and bifocals.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:54:12 PM by mkd »

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 01:44:28 PM »
Just make sure you have enough clearance to eliminate any potential sear/hammer damage:  https://czcustom.com/knowledge-base/general/how-do-i-adjust-the-over-travel-screw-on-cz-pistols.html

I also put documented my Rami BD upgrades here:  https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=62123.msg410719#msg410719

Good Luck!

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline WesJ

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 10:12:37 PM »
Thanks SO much for this additional information. MKD- great info and I like your idea on making the adjustment out of the allen stub. Great idea.
Tdogg- I will definitely review your videos this weekend. Looks great.
One of the greatest ideas I've seen is in an Ajax video on reassembling the decocker sear cage- he uses a twister tie to retain the firing pin block lifter into the sear cage- and never removing it, therefor eliminating the need to get that tiny spring back in place.

I think this will be a big asset.
Wes

Offline mkd

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 10:36:06 AM »
that little spring is the dikens! lost it twice and both times found it in the office floor carpet with a 3" round magnet sweeping it across the carpet. much easier to put the sear cage in a gal zip lock baggy..........and have a few extras of the sear springs on hand.