Author Topic: What are all the parts needed for a semi-auto VZ58 build?  (Read 497 times)

Offline czkyle1776

What are all the parts needed for a semi-auto VZ58 build?
« on: October 10, 2020, 05:01:43 PM »
So I've got a VZ58 parts kit and an AWO receiver. Are the only parts needed to switch to a semi-auto a trigger, disconnecter, and sear? I see bonesteel sells a complete fire control group. Is that everything needed? Or are there other pins, springs, or washers needed? I would appreciate help from anyone with build experience. I don't want to cut any of the original components, I would like to just know every part I'm going to need to buy. I see CNC warrior also has parts, what is each part needed if I went through him? Anyone besides bonesteel and CNC Warrior that sells semi auto parts? Thanks!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 05:06:04 PM by czkyle1776 »

Offline RSR

Re: What are all the parts needed for a semi-auto VZ58 build?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 11:37:09 PM »
Instead of the FCG rocker locking lever, most builds use c/e clips or roll pins if that component isn't installed/rivet hole present to install it.  I don't know how you could install the FA in-battery lever on these guns without it being construed as a felony f/a conversion.

You'll need rivets for your trigger guard, the back which also seats the trigger leaf spring.  CNCW did sell at one point.

CNC Warrior and Bonesteel are the same parts -- at least insofar as BS branded ones.

Czechpoint also sells some US made parts, including poly furniture and mag compliance parts as well as trigger.

Ronin Grips sells grips.  There's a couple US-made wood furniture options too last I checked.  Can't believe CNCW stopped making US-made VZ58 pistons!  At one point Apex had some of the Century/VZ2008 spare US-made parts.  Stormwerkz and RS Regulate both make adapters than can be used for US-made stocks.

No idea on best route for US barrels.

Offline czkyle1776

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 11:12:54 PM »
Instead of the FCG rocker locking lever, most builds use c/e clips or roll pins if that component isn't installed/rivet hole present to install it.  I don't know how you could install the FA in-battery lever on these guns without it being construed as a felony f/a conversion.

You'll need rivets for your trigger guard, the back which also seats the trigger leaf spring.  CNCW did sell at one point.

CNC Warrior and Bonesteel are the same parts -- at least insofar as BS branded ones.

Czechpoint also sells some US made parts, including poly furniture and mag compliance parts as well as trigger.

Ronin Grips sells grips.  There's a couple US-made wood furniture options too last I checked.  Can't believe CNCW stopped making US-made VZ58 pistons!  At one point Apex had some of the Century/VZ2008 spare US-made parts.  Stormwerkz and RS Regulate both make adapters than can be used for US-made stocks.

I didn't even think of czeching (hehe) czechpoint for a FCG. Of course they have all of the parts of the FCG except the trigger... :/

Offline Mercs

What are all the parts needed for a semi-auto VZ58 build?
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 05:40:08 AM »

I didn't even think of czeching (hehe) czechpoint for a FCG. Of course they have all of the parts of the FCG except the trigger... :/
Czechpoint has the rivet and the feather rivet for the trigger guard both in stock

A few of us have had US trigger group on order with Bonesteel for awhile now, but Chris seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Tried messaging him on here too, and no answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline czkyle1776

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 02:02:52 PM »

Czechpoint has the rivet and the feather rivet for the trigger guard both in stock

A few of us have had US trigger group on order with Bonesteel for awhile now, but Chris seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Tried messaging him on here too, and no answer

This is what I was worried about. I wanted to order one, but have seen no one is able to get ahold of their bonesteel stuff. I know CNCW makes the same ones, but they're not taking email inquiries at the moment, so I can't even find out if they intend on making more or not...

Offline Mercs

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 02:54:30 PM »

This is what I was worried about. I wanted to order one, but have seen no one is able to get ahold of their bonesteel stuff. I know CNCW makes the same ones, but they're not taking email inquiries at the moment, so I can't even find out if they intend on making more or not...
Please let us know if you do find anything out

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 06:43:44 AM »

#4-40 (or M3) screws also work for those who need to assemble/ disassemble several times during fitting. You'll need to make a round nut for the rear inside position, sized to locate the leaf spring. You may want to make a taller version of the rear nut for the front position. 1/4" dia brass rod is your friend.

Or you can buy 3mm rivets off Amazon.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Ask me about used Dillon reloading equipment.

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 07:20:22 AM »
This is what I was worried about. I wanted to order one, but have seen no one is able to get ahold of their Bonesteel stuff. I know CNCW makes the same ones, but they're not taking email inquiries at the moment, so I can't even find out if they intend on making more or not...

I got product from BS in the April/May time frame. Delivery took about 2-1/2 weeks. They do not respond to emails. My impression was that they are happy to sell product, but up to their butts in alligators with AR orders.

You definitely want to include:
• 2 BS trigger pins
• 1 bag of 10 E-clips
• 1 BS full-width semi auto sear
• 1 flash suppressor over 2" long
• 1 new 5/32" x 1-1/8 or 4 x 30mm roll pin to hold the barrel
• 1 7.62x39 head space gauge
• And consider new coil springs for any build of an older gun
• 1 can of OD paint (suggest Brownells Aluma-Hyde)

You may also need various reams, die maker files, emery cloth, etc to open up holes and remove sharp edges.

;)
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Ask me about used Dillon reloading equipment.

Offline czkyle1776

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 06:39:00 PM »
This is what I was worried about. I wanted to order one, but have seen no one is able to get ahold of their Bonesteel stuff. I know CNCW makes the same ones, but they're not taking email inquiries at the moment, so I can't even find out if they intend on making more or not...

I got product from BS in the April/May time frame. Delivery took about 2-1/2 weeks. They do not respond to emails. My impression was that they are happy to sell product, but up to their butts in alligators with AR orders.

You definitely want to include:
• 2 BS trigger pins
• 1 bag of 10 E-clips
• 1 BS full-width semi auto sear
• 1 flash suppressor over 2" long
• 1 new 5/32" x 1-1/8 or 4 x 30mm roll pin to hold the barrel
• 1 7.62x39 head space gauge
• And consider new coil springs for any build of an older gun
• 1 can of OD paint (suggest Brownells Aluma-Hyde)

You may also need various reams, die maker files, emery cloth, etc to open up holes and remove sharp edges.

;)

THIS is the exact info I was after. Thank you!

anything