Author Topic: CZ 36 need help with identification of markings  (Read 258 times)

Offline millwright66

CZ 36 need help with identification of markings
« on: October 11, 2020, 01:22:35 PM »
https://imgur.com/mTsXuXW

Hello, I am brand new to this forum because I haven't been able to locate any information on the added markings on this pistol I just bought.  I know they are added arsenal/serial numbers and a proof/acceptance/arsenal mark and year mark,  I would appreciate all help with information of what country or organization they came from.  Posted one picture, only one I have at the moment, gun is in transit.
Thanks,
Millwright66

Offline GMork

Re: CZ 36 need help with identification of markings
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 12:52:27 AM »
Your pistol bears on the slide the proof mark of the Czech proof house in Prague, the lion between two vertical lines.  The two-digit number to the right of the  lion is the year of the proof test.  The number to the left is the protocol number of the proof house. 
The marks on the top left of the trigger guard are too blurred for me to identify them.
In my opinion, the Z above the safety lever is a symbol from production in the factory, the meaning is not known to me.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:08:45 AM by GMork »

Offline millwright66

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 09:00:39 AM »
Thank you for the information!  Do these markings indicate that it was used by Czech military or police issue?  I haven't seen this on other CZ 36 model pictures I've seen on the web.  The marking on the trigger guard is 6.35 for the caliber.
Thanks again.

Offline GMork

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 10:20:27 AM »
Thank you for the information!  Do these markings indicate that it was used by Czech military or police issue?  I haven't seen this on other CZ 36 model pictures I've seen on the web.  The marking on the trigger guard is 6.35 for the caliber.
Thanks again.

No, the proof mark only shows where the pistol was tested. It says nothing about the country, the authority or the military unit in which the pistol may have been used.
Are there any other markings on the right side of the gun?
The indication 6.35 makes sense, because according to my documents the caliber had to be stamped in addition to the Czech proof marks. As you say, 6.35 (mm) is the European metric specification of the caliber .25 ACP

anything