Author Topic: CZ Shadow 2 Canadian Edition  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Cturcot1

CZ Shadow 2 Canadian Edition
« on: October 14, 2020, 10:24:10 PM »
Hello,

I just purchased my first gun.  Absolutely love it so far.  I put about 300 rounds thru it today.  I have a question, the CGW upgrade 10X bushing, states it is only for the 4.7” barrel. The Canadian has a 5”.  Is there a different bushing that I will need to upgrade?  Any other suggestions on what needs to be upgraded?

Thank you

Offline SoCal

Re: CZ Shadow 2 Canadian Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »
I would check with CGW.  The issue COULD BE removing the barrel, with the US barrel removing the barrel after installing the CGW bushing is much tougher.  I had to twist and jiggle mine and use some oil to get the barrel out so with a longer barrel might not want to go in and out. 

Does the barrel stick past the end of the slide?  Interesting that the Canadian pistol has a longer barrel.
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline beanz2

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 02:06:12 AM »
Not the same gun, but when I needed to fit an X10 bushing to my SP-01 with Aussie 5" barrel, CGW had to lop it off to 4.7" or it wouldn't have fit due to the close tolerance of the bushing. 

The issue is when you field strip the gun, the barrel has to tilt down to be removed.  The extra barrel length wouldn't clear the bushing when tilted down.

Offline Cturcot1

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 07:22:01 PM »
Thank you for the response, going to reach out directly to CGW.