Author Topic: P-09 in the wind at 100 yards  (Read 519 times)

Offline Joe L

P-09 in the wind at 100 yards
« on: October 16, 2020, 06:04:42 PM »
I shot the CZ MTR .22LR first at 100 yards, and had trouble getting consistently good groups due to 10-20 mph wind gusting from 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock direction.  So, I put the .22 up for another day.  But I brought my P-09 to the range again, just in case I wanted to try it in the wind.  I knew this was going to be difficult (for me), but I decided to limit myself to 20 rounds but give it a shot, so to speak.  Here is the video, with the dead time between shots edited out to keep it short. 

So, if I was really serious about getting all the shots in the black with the P-09, I would have shot 5 with a center hold, checked the target with the spotting scope to confirm the hits were low and left, then changed my hold to about 3" high and 3" right to compensate for the wind and the elevation.  I don't know how repeatably I can hold a 2moa dot on a 5.5 moa black circle!  It's hard enough to hold it in the center.  But 8 ring, 1:30 o'clock orientation?    I decided to hold 8 ring 3 o'clock or about 1/2 circle to the right, just to see if I could at least get the windage correction.  That actually worked OK, as you can see from the video.  The overall group sizes were a little larger than normal, but I was pretty happy just getting a little experience holding in to the wind for once. 

Joe 
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR