Author Topic: Finally a day at the Range  (Read 293 times)

Offline AZ_CZ

Finally a day at the Range
« on: October 27, 2020, 07:16:13 PM »
I love AZ but it’s been hot for a long time and I just don’t do bench shooting when it’s over 100. Finally it’s cooled off and I could take a rifle out. The old 1999 452 Silhouette didn’t disappoint. Haven’t shot any of the 452 gang since January due to range closures or heat. It’s going to be a great winter shooting season.

Just shot 30 rnds of bulk pack Federal AutoMatch, in 5 rnd groups, at 25 yards to finish off the day. First five were the left orange dot just to find out where it was sighted and adjust to the trigger (had been shooting a striker fired pistol). The next 4 groups of 5 were in the quad target with a 1” bull. Shot left to right, top then bottom. These were shot off a bench with a front bag. Last 5 were shot standing,  no sling, at the 8” green target. The bull is .75”. No idea what the bore looks like. Not really sure when it was cleaned for that matter. Scope was set at 8x.

Also started to organize my reloading setup. Moved it out to a shed. Now I need to put in AC out there before summer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Finally a day at the Range
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 06:33:24 AM »
Nice groups.  The squirrels and rabbits should be very afraid.  It's already too late for the 1" bulls.

No fun shooting when you have to pull your glasses off every 2 to 3 shots to wipe the fogging off them.  Let alone grab the hand towel to try to dry your forehead off before the sweat runs into your eyes.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: Finally a day at the Range
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 02:22:07 PM »
No fun shooting when you have to pull your glasses off every 2 to 3 shots to wipe the fogging off them.  Let alone grab the hand towel to try to dry your forehead off before the sweat runs into your eyes.

Ah... someone who knows.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

anything