Author Topic: P10c new Cajun striker issue  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Horn78

P10c new Cajun striker issue
« on: November 12, 2020, 07:07:21 PM »
Cajun just got their stainless striker back in stock so I got one with their spring. Did about 15 rounds fine then no trigger reset. Took it down and striker came out of the firing pin case with the spring loose. Had to tap the firing pin case to get the spring holders out. They obviously were not holding the spring in place on the striker and best I can tell the striker got through them such that the spring was no longer retained. Put it back together and it did it 4 more times after several rounds were fired so I gave up. I know the back plate was on there right. I will put the original striker back in and report back but my bet is the new cajun strikers(they were back ordered for a while) have something wrong with the tolerances for the shoulder on the striker where the the spring holders go up against it. It looks much smaller than the factory shoulder. I also have a call into them.

Offline Tok36

Re: P10c new Cajun striker issue
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:49:50 PM »
Yeah, i would definitely call CGW directly. Ill bet they can size the situation up in a jiffy.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 01:16:24 AM »
 ??? ??? Oh boy,,I just received the complete kit/upgrade last week but have not installed it yet ! I guess I better get going and see if mine is OK. Let us know what CGW says when ya call them,,,Thanks.

Offline Horn78

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 07:49:23 AM »
??? ??? Oh boy,,I just received the complete kit/upgrade last week but have not installed it yet ! I guess I better get going and see if mine is OK. Let us know what CGW says when ya call them,,,Thanks.

It could be a one off deal so I would not hesitate to put the kit in. But I have had zero issues with my gun until I put the CW striker and spring in.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »
Yea,stuff happens and things slip through I know. I plan on playing with it this weekend when I have more time for testing,etc. I'll let ya know how mine works out.  ;)

Offline Horn78

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 02:51:18 PM »
I put the factory striker back in with a spring that came with my HBI trigger and it worked fine for 200 rounds. My guess is either the shoulder on the CGW striker that the spring retention cups butt up against is not machined big enough or the spring diameter is allowing the cups to open up. Either way no bueno. Sent them an email today as no return call yet.

Offline Togmaster

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 05:18:55 PM »
Try the striker with the factory spring.
Let's go Brandon!

Offline Horn78

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 06:25:16 PM »
Try the striker with the factory spring.
Talked to CGW and they think it is the spring and advised flattening the end of their spring. Filed both ends a bit to where they look flat. I am definitely going to try the CGW striker with a spring I know works and that is the HBI spring. I will probably just leave  that on there if I don't get any issues as the trigger pull is great with that combo. Just to check it out I will also try with the CGW flattened spring in case somebody else bumps into the issue.

Offline Horn78

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 10:55:29 AM »
Shot it with 200 rounds yesterday with the CGW striker and the HBI spring. No problems so it was the CGW striker spring causing the spring retention cups to open up which in turn caused the spring to get loose.

anything