Author Topic: light primer strike P10-C  (Read 2941 times)

Offline mwawrzyniec

Re: light primer strike P10-C
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 04:04:00 PM »
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ewYSyxxuusYBB5SN7
I'm not even going to get into your pistol's issue what interests me here is the amount of marking on the round you posted pics of. You obviously need to read up and educate yourself on why it is never a good idea to cycle live rounds multiple times that way. You are setting yourself up for a prime case of bullet set back and a very possible catastrophic failure scenario by doing this.

Being concerned about bullet setback issues would be assuming this round was being put into service, which it was not.  I am far more concerned with the deep dimpling that the simple act of loading or press checking has caused.   

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:09:18 PM by mwawrzyniec »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ewYSyxxuusYBB5SN7
I'm not even going to get into your pistol's issue what interests me here is the amount of marking on the round you posted pics of. You obviously need to read up and educate yourself on why it is never a good idea to cycle live rounds multiple times that way. You are setting yourself up for a prime case of bullet set back and a very possible catastrophic failure scenario by doing this.

Being concerned about bullet setback issues would be assuming this round was being put into service, which it was not.  I am far more concerned with the deep dimpling that the simple act of loading has caused.   
I assume since you said previously the gun is 6 months old that you are the original owner? If so you should call CZ-USA and get their opinion since the gun would be under warranty. Seems a waste of time and money to be replacing parts that would otherwise be replaced free of charge if they are defective.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:13:33 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline monty_d_33

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2020, 09:07:27 AM »
I have several P10Cs and have never noticed this, but will keep a look out.  I would not recommend rechambering the same round very often, but that’s just me.  Also, has the functionality of the gun been compromised? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dehughes

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
To me that does not look like firing pin marking alone, so much as it looks like it could be the ejector marking the back of the cartridge as well.  My P10F had similar markings on rounds I would cycle repeatedly and when I examined things I observed the marks on the primer were from the ejector making contact.