Author Topic: Guide Rod Issue on Reassembly  (Read 1587 times)

Offline eezee416

Guide Rod Issue on Reassembly
« on: November 02, 2020, 10:47:15 PM »
I recently purchased a new P10C. It shoots very well but I have run into an issue on reassembly that is concerning. Once I fit the guide rod onto the barrel and put the slide back onto the frame, the guide rod seems to misalign and sticks out the front. I can't get the barrel to go into battery and the gun is useless. Here are two photos.

After I fiddle with it for a while I can get the gun apart and reassemble it. Don't ask me how I did it as I have no idea as to how I got the thing apart.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

eezee
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 11:00:55 PM by eezee416 »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Guide Rod Issue on Reassembly
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 06:17:42 AM »
The guide rod/contact spot on the lug under the barrel has to be pretty well aligned.

I hold the slide upside down, drop the barrel in and place it in the fully locked position in the slide.

Then I put the guide rod in place while insuring that the barrel stays in place and the back end of the guide rod is both fully "down" against the upside down barrel and evenly placed side to side.  Once it's in that spot I've not had one move while putting the slide assembly on the frame.

I have, more than a couple times, put the guide rod in place, but with one side or the other (left or right) at the back end not quite lined up side to side and sure enough, the darn thing will hang up as I push the slide onto the frame.  Sometimes it'll come right back off (if I stopped when it didn't feel quite right) but a time or two it took extra effort to get the slide back off the frame and sure enough, the back of the guide rod was off to the side of where it needed to be.

Watch, as you put the slide on, go slow and see if the guide rod starts to push out before the slide is all the way in place on the frame.  If so, stop and pull the slide to check that guide rod to barrel alignment.

Good luck with it.  It's another thing that "the more you do it, the easier it gets."
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 07:59:43 AM »
Sounds like something is just not right when you are putting it back together. Maybe this video will help. Start at the 9:12 mark for putting the slide back together.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 12:53:09 PM »
I made you a short video showing where the interference is when you put the slide back on the frame without getting the guide rod perfectly centered on the barrel.  Happens on all of the P-10 models, but I used my P-10C here for an example. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

GMork

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 01:17:42 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 03:15:25 AM by GMork »