Author Topic: P-10c, JW optic cut, RMR, lower 1/4 co-witness, all black sights.. NOT SOLVED!!!  (Read 4444 times)

Offline cfrock

Here’s what worked for me. Hope it helps someone.

P10f milled by Jager to accept a Vortex Venom and Glock cut behind the dot for rear.
Wanted a lower 1/3 or 1/4 co-witness with irons.

Both Dawson Precision sights
Front: .265 tall x .125 ramped serrated
Rear: Glock mos .375 with .125 notch

It took 2 front sight attempts but got it dialed in with these numbers at lower 1/4 of window.

For reference:
 I also have 2 additional P10F’s that are OR.

One wears another Venom and uses the CZ plate. The stock OR sights were not usable with optic (optic sat too tall). Also, needed a plastic shim to angle optic forward so there was enough range to sight in poa/poi. Ran with this set up for comps for a year.

The other F OR uses the CZ plate for trij/holosun. It wears a 507c and the stock OR sights are again too short to use. It’s a back up to my back up so I never tried to co witness the holosun.

The 507c is a solid optic and feels more durable than the Venom. However, I much prefer the Venom for the much thinner bezel housing permitting better field of view and replacement warranty that I’ve never used. It’s also way easier to clean the glass than on holosun. I may wind up getting rid of it.

Offline PFran42

Here’s what worked for me. Hope it helps someone.

P10f milled by Jager to accept a Vortex Venom and Glock cut behind the dot for rear.
Wanted a lower 1/3 or 1/4 co-witness with irons.

Both Dawson Precision sights
Front: .265 tall x .125 ramped serrated
Rear: Glock mos .375 with .125 notch

It took 2 front sight attempts but got it dialed in with these numbers at lower 1/4 of window.

For reference:
 I also have 2 additional P10F’s that are OR.

One wears another Venom and uses the CZ plate. The stock OR sights were not usable with optic (optic sat too tall). Also, needed a plastic shim to angle optic forward so there was enough range to sight in poa/poi. Ran with this set up for comps for a year.

The other F OR uses the CZ plate for trij/holosun. It wears a 507c and the stock OR sights are again too short to use. It’s a back up to my back up so I never tried to co witness the holosun.

The 507c is a solid optic and feels more durable than the Venom. However, I much prefer the Venom for the much thinner bezel housing permitting better field of view and replacement warranty that I’ve never used. It’s also way easier to clean the glass than on holosun. I may wind up getting rid of it.

I was told to go with either .375" (or .360" if I just wanted the notch just barely clearing the rear deck of the RMR). Maybe the rear deck of the RMR sits a tad lower than the Venom? As for the front, once I took a file to my (too tall) front sight and realized how easy it would be to accurately take the height down, I would have actually chosen to do it this way in the first place.

Re: optics (and a bit off topic)... Have you guys seen the 507C ACSS Vulcan? I'm pretty sure it is going to be a game changer.

This version of the 507C has a chevron surrounded by a 100 MOA circle. In a proper two handed pistol shooting position you don't see the circle. It is used as a guide during presentation to assist with lining up a good sight picture.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 09:41:33 PM by PFran42 »

anything