Author Topic: P10S Mag Extension  (Read 4374 times)

Offline BarkSlayer

P10S Mag Extension
« on: November 15, 2020, 05:09:56 PM »
Went to my LGS today for a couple boxes of 9mm and came home with a new P10S. I’d like to find a mag extension for the pinky. Who makes a nice option?
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." - Ted Nugent

Offline Hammer Time

Re: P10S Mag Extension
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 10:30:41 AM »
If you just want a pinky extension, but don't want to increase the mag capacity, I'm not aware of an option.

But if you want to go with an extended baseplate that increases capacity and provides additional length for all four fingers, there are many options for the P10 series - CZ Custom, Springer Precision, Shield Arms, Armory Craft, Henning Group to name a few.

Offline BrenToo

Offline Truckie1794

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 08:03:12 AM »
I got mine from Galloway Precision.  It is marketed for the P10-C, but it also fits the S.  It says its  +2, but I can only get one additional round in it.  Doesn't bother me, as I was really only interested in the additional space for my pinky.

https://gallowayprecision.com/magazine-extensions/plus-2-mag-extension-for-cz-p10c-pistols

Offline mecenas

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »
No offense meant, but adding an extension to magazine defeats the purpose of having a smaller frame pistol. Might as well get P10C. A small difference in barrel length does not add to concealability as the bulk is really in the frame.

Offline Truckie1794

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 02:44:05 PM »
I actually found that with my pinky tucked under the stock mag, I shoot just as well as when I add the extension.  So when I carry, I don't bother with the extension.     https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/cz-p-10-c-vs-cz-p-10-s  gives a good side by side comparison of the S and C.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 10:12:47 AM »
Update - I just ended up getting a baseplate from Killer Innovations that doesn't increase capacity, but sits just slightly lower than the stock baseplate, and has a little lip on it. It's exactly what I wanted for my P-10S - it locks my full hand in perfectly, without creating much additional length at all.

https://killer-innovations.com/shop/velocity-czp10-base-pad/

GMork

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 03:22:30 AM by GMork »

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 06:24:16 PM »
As far as I know, the magazines of the P 10 C and P 07 2nd gen are interchangeable.  Then you should be able to use the base plate from Killer-Innovation just described for a P 07 2nd gen as well.  Can someone confirm this before I try to order such plate from Germany?

Here's what the Killer Innovations basepad looks like with a Gen 2 mag on a P-07:

There's a similar gap with it on the P-10S (probably because it's designed to work with their magwell). Personally, I don't really care about the gap, but I guess it might bother some people. On the P-10S, it's pretty ideal for me because it allows the perfect amount of space for my full hand grip - if the lip was closer to the bottom of the frame, it would be cramped.

GMork

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 02:04:36 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 03:22:47 AM by GMork »

Offline Maynard

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 09:30:40 AM »
Here's the Shield Arms offering, it comes with an extended spring.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 10:23:18 AM »
Sweet P-10C ^

OP - if you're looking for a mag extension that is more than just a +0 baseplate with a pinky extension, there are many options - Shield, Henning Group, Springer Precision, Armory Craft, Hyve, etc.

Offline Maynard

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 11:34:40 AM »
Sweet P-10C ^

OP - if you're looking for a mag extension that is more than just a +0 baseplate with a pinky extension, there are many options - Shield, Henning Group, Springer Precision, Armory Craft, Hyve, etc.

Thank you.

For those of us looking for either a +1 or +0 option, what would you recommend?

I was looking at the Hyve bases but found out they don't come with an extended spring.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 01:19:57 PM »
For those of us looking for either a +1 or +0 option, what would you recommend?

Yeah, I think that's the challenge. So far I've only found +0 baseplates from Killer Innovations and Springer Precision. I've actually got one of the Springer Precision baseplates on order for my P-10S, and will follow up once it arrives, but I have that same baseplate on my P10C, and this is how it fits:

Still a bit of a gap, though not quite as much as with the KI baseplate. It's very well made. I expect the fit will be no different on the P-10S.

I was looking at the Hyve bases but found out they don't come with an extended spring.

I have a couple of the Hyve +3s for my P-10C and they have worked fine with fresh standard mag springs. However, Springer Precision offers extra capacity mag springs as well.

Offline BrenToo

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2020, 02:10:08 PM »
Update - I just ended up getting a baseplate from Killer Innovations that doesn't increase capacity, but sits just slightly lower than the stock baseplate, and has a little lip on it. It's exactly what I wanted for my P-10S - it locks my full hand in perfectly, without creating much additional length at all.

https://killer-innovations.com/shop/velocity-czp10-base-pad/

;) +1

anything