Author Topic: CZ P09 used in Police training  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Hammer Time

Re: CZ P09 used in Police training
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 02:59:24 PM »
Actually a loaded mag and empty chamber will eventually end in a ND. Someone WILL not drop the mage first.  When people "KNOW" there is not a round in the chamber they WILL get sloppy.  When you KNOW you always have a round in the chamber, you handle the gun differently. 

That's a good point.

In europe ordinary police units carry in condition 3. even if they use 75B. average joe LEO shoots about 10 rds of training every year, so police instructors think it is better for officers to carry in condtion 3 (minimizing NDs).
still, most NDs happened when people rack the slide before dropping the magazine.  :(
average LEO here will not draw gun from holster (in case of emergency)  for a whole career. even if someone is crazy and draw a pistol on police, they will take cover and call SWAT team.

here in Croatia 0,001% of population can have CCW. few years ago it was written in law if you have CCW permit, you must not carry one in the chamber.  :-\

Are criminals required to do the same?  :)

Offline timmy75

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 03:21:26 PM »

Are criminals required to do the same?  :)
a month ago some lunatic took ak-74 full auto rifle (illegally owned) and attacked government building. there were 2 LEO guarding front door, one took 4 bullets from ak-74 (thank God he will survive). other LEO dropped full magazine from hs-9 (springfield xd-9) on idiot, missing all 15 shoots he had. investigators found 9mm bullets in buildings around. amazing what lack of training can do in stress situations.

Offline GMork

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »
In europe ordinary police units carry in condition 3. even if they use 75B. average joe LEO shoots about 10 rds of training every year, so police instructors think it is better for officers to carry in condtion 3 (minimizing NDs).
As I already told in a previous reply that's not valid for Germany. Here every police officer carries his pistol in condition 2 while on duty.
Currently police officers shoot in Germany much more than 10 rounds a year for training.
As a hunter I can carry my pistol while hunting in condition 2 as well and of course I do it in that way. But before leaving my hunting area I have to unload my pistol (and also the rifle) completely, i. e. removing the magazine with the rounds, too.
CZ P07
Walther P5 compact

There's no bad weather, there's only bad clothing.

anything