Author Topic: Another CZ bites the dust...  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Another CZ bites the dust...
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2020, 10:13:29 PM »
Ok so no true list of spares that need to be commonly replaced but maybe keep a spare set of springs on hand.

Now, which springs? Or is there a kit that covers it?
Spares:
Trigger return spring
extractor and spring
Sear spring
Firing pin block lifter spring
Recoil springs
Firing pin retaining pin
This is off the top of may head, someone else may have additional suggestions. If you're like briang2ad, buy a couple dozen trigger return springs. Or, if you upgrade with Cajun or CZ parts, you'll likely have all the spares you'll ever need.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2020, 02:03:06 AM »
If you have an omega get a couple ejector springs. You will drop them.

I have broken CGW springs but they do last longer than stock.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2020, 07:42:10 AM »
Ok so no true list of spares that need to be commonly replaced but maybe keep a spare set of springs on hand.

Now, which springs? Or is there a kit that covers it?

I believe the most often suggested spare parts (which may not be needed for thousands of rounds) are:
1. trigger return spring
2. extractor spring
3. extractor
4. firing pin retaining pin (get more than one)
5. recoil spring

That's for people who just shoot, clean and lube their pistols.

If you are one of those people who take the gun completely apart now and then, you'll want some of the smaller, easy to lose springs and parts and a free floating trigger pin from CGW (makes it easy to remove the trigger and trigger bar.

The little springs are the sear spring, the firing pin block lifting arm spring, the firing pin block return spring, the springs that push the safety detent in the frame against the safety (if it's a safety model pistol).
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline buddyd157

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »
Have you managed to break any of the red painted TRS, that started showing up in factory CZs around a year ago? I am still curious if there was any change to the spring on the red ones.
. I believe the one I broke was one of these but it was in there a while and seemed less red than I thought when I took it out.  I DID replace it with a new version.  These actually add to the pull weight.  I think they will last longer but don’t fix the problem.

speaking of the color of the TRS, on my (made in 2017) my 75 B, does not have a colored spring.

now, my (made in 2020) 97B, does have a red spring...

both guns were bought brand new at the LGS.

all i do know is, that i put a drop of oil on the TRS, and the sear spring, each time i clean my guns, which that is, after every range visit. no matter how many rounds put thru either gun. lately due to the ammo shortage, that is only about 50 rounds per gun.
Just  getting on thru retirement., and into the sport of shooting, with...CZ 75B..CZ 97B..Canik TP9SF...Glock 17 (4th gen.), Taurus G3c, Remington R 1911