Author Topic: Should I be concerned, p-10c OR  (Read 872 times)

Offline ARP

Should I be concerned, p-10c OR
« on: November 21, 2020, 05:18:14 PM »
Brand spankin new fresh out of the box, unfired. I decided that getting accustomed to the trigger before going to the range would be a good thing. I put my laser snap cap in the chamber and enjoyed the trigger, short reset. And then the laser quick working. With this pistol only. It still works in all other pistols I own.

I took the slide off expecting to see a broken spring or disconnected spring. I am not that versed in working on my guns, just the basics. This week I put an Apex trigger kit in a S&W Shield which meant a lot of tinkering. I did not see anything that looked amiss in the new CZ. Almost like it is light primer striking the rubber bumper part of the laser snap cap.

For those that do not know what a laser snap cap is, it is a brass projectile shaped item that has batteries and a laser that when the rear bumper is struck, a small flash of red light pulse strikes your target. Good for building that hand eye finger relationship

Any idea what is going on?

Offline jpeto

Re: Should I be concerned, p-10c OR
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 05:23:47 PM »
I have a P10c and 2 p10s and they all do exactly the same thing. Take the snap cap/laser out and unscrew the back cap little at a time until it starts working again. I have an idea on why it does this as opposed to say all my Glocks, I think the firing pin is really short for some reason on the p10 models, not really sure why but they could definitely be long or should I say protrude through the breach face further. Anyways, unthread the back cap off some and it’ll start working. If anyone can answer why the firing pin/striker is so short please let me know the reasoning behind it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline monty_d_33

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 05:32:40 PM »
Longer is ALWAYS better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 06:45:47 PM »
The gun is designed to fire live 9mm ammunition which you admittedly have not tried yet. Try some and if the gun works as intended you have no cause for concern.

Offline ARP

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 08:20:40 PM »
I fixed it. I put 2 layers of duct tape cut into small pieces on the end of the snap cap and it now works.