Author Topic: Swiss copy of the CZ  (Read 189 times)

Offline Andyd

Swiss copy of the CZ
« on: November 21, 2020, 05:53:55 PM »
I was just going to sight a few guns in and test them  quickly offhand at ten yards, when one caught my interest and attention. I moved the target to 15 yards and five rounds were giving a great result. I really like this gun now. It's an older Swiss Sphinx AS2000, it's not my first Sphinx but somehow this one seems to have my name written all over it.

Offline Tok36

Re: Swiss copy of the CZ
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 05:59:43 PM »
Very nice, this is one of the most interesting CZ clones to me. Thank you for the pic.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Online M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 07:15:29 PM »
Nice looking pistol.

Did they come with the hammer bobbed so short?  Looks kind of like my Series 80 Colt 1911.  I had to bob the hammer, just a bit, when I put the big beavertail grip safety on it because the back of the spurt was smacking the long tail on that grip safety.  Never did bother to try to remove the dents/dings.  Maybe some day.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Online Gunnerdad80

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:21:54 PM »
VERY beautiful gun! My plan is to own both this and the compact version one day.

ITM, in Solothurn, Switzerland, that built the AT84 & AT84s became Sphinx if I remember correctly.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 02:43:36 PM »
Very very nice Sphinx AS2000 you have there!  8)  Congratulations and may it serve you well!  :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"