Author Topic: 75 Compact D, PCR, P01, Omega ... ????? ugh. What do I want?  (Read 2102 times)

GMork

Re: 75 Compact D, PCR, P01, Omega ... ????? ugh. What do I want?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2020, 10:17:25 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 03:01:46 AM by GMork »

Europe

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2020, 10:47:45 AM »
Manual on all those guns is the same. PCR/P01/75D compact fits my hands perfectly (I have regular hands). I think it is a really ergonomic design. What I would change is the trigger reset- imho too long, as well as sights. I would change them to either LPA or tritium sights. Having said that, it's a perfect EDC pistol.

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 12:58:59 PM »
CZs are great, but you may find a full size 85 easier to rack and use than a compact.

While I think you should certainly add a few CZs to your collection,  ;), with your arthritis and small hands, perhaps you may wish to investigate the S&W EZ 9?
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline WVSurveyor

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 09:13:14 AM »
I just saw your post and will throw in my two cents. I love my 75 series pistols, but they might not fit your needs. You might look at the CZ P-10S. It's a polymer gun that should fit your small hands and will be easier to rack with its conventional slide setup. Would be a good carry weapon for you.
If you can bring yourself to buy something other than CZ then the S&W Shield EZ would be a good choice. It was made specifically to be easy to operate.
If you really have your heart set on a 75, and I can't blame you for that, I highly recommend you wait till you can get your hands on one and try it out.
Montani Semper Liberi

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 11:22:16 AM »
[...]
If you can bring yourself to buy something other than CZ then the S&W Shield EZ would be a good choice. It was made specifically to be easy to operate.
If you really have your heart set on a 75, and I can't blame you for that, I highly recommend you wait till you can get your hands on one and try it out.
:) That was exactly what happened to me...  ::)
I love CZ75 (especially compact sizes), but unfortunately getting older with weaker hands forced me to switch to M&P... not EZ yet...  O0. I think that is the best direction to carry / own really good and reliable firearm having physical strength problems.
CZ75s still have place in my heart and at the Range lines  :D

Ron M.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 04:28:42 PM »
If you want to spend a bit more than for a stock pistol, Cajun Gun Works has PCRs in stock. Just spent the covid check on one.