Author Topic: 3 things that make your Vz61 a better shooter  (Read 6257 times)

Offline Czechoslovakgunstories

• CzechoslovakGunStories channel
3 things that make your Vz61 a better shooter
« on: January 02, 2021, 09:02:08 AM »
Hi folks, since a Vz. 61 is an extremely cheap platform in the Czech Republic (right now it can be found for as low as CZK 3.333 = USD 156 - typically in a mint/unused condition) I picked one up several years ago too. Over time i did not only start reloading 32ACP since I wanted to shoot it more but I also did some updates to the gun. I thought I would share them with y'all.

1. New telescopic stock. The original stock is way too short unless you are a hobbit or a child soldier. Even the Czechoslovaks knew that and the result of their development was called Vz. 82 - unfortunately only a prototype. I went my own way (some may say a bubba way :D ) but the result is so much easier gun to shoot. All done without any workshop, in the living room (my girlfriend is very patient)

2. Red dot on top. What can I say... the u notch sights were never made to be couple of centimeters from your eye so they did not work for me at all. First I was wondering I may just swap the plates and put a diopter sight there but in the end - why bother if you can go hi tech :) I used an ordinary mount for a red dot on top of your large magnification optics and boom.... you can shoot off the left testicle of a fly and not harm the right one.....

3. slide release... just like with Vz. 58 the Vz. 61 does have a slide catch which will keep the slide back on an empty mag but it will not allow you to release it in any other way than pulling the charging handle (knob in this case) back. That can be very uncomfy on Vz. 61. So me and my cousin created a modified bolt release and boom... reloads are so much faster and smoother....

That's about it.... no need to do more so far... maybe add the supressor just for fun as the Czech gun laws changed for better currently and we can acquire them :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 09:10:22 AM by Czechoslovakgunstories »
Visit my channel if you are CZ positive :)

https://www.youtube.com/c/CzechoslovakGunStories/

Re: 3 things that make your Vz61 a better shooter
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 09:05:56 AM »
And the vid of the stock... :)

Rock-it3

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 07:18:16 PM »
I'm not sure, but I think adding that stock in the United States would be illegal unless you paid the government to create a short-barreled rifle??

Maybe someone else will chime in with a definite.

Offline George16

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 09:42:06 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think adding that stock in the United States would be illegal unless you paid the government to create a short-barreled rifle??

He’s in the Czech Republic. There are no such things as SBR or ATF/BATFE over there. They don’t have restrictions on stocks for short barreled rifles like we do here in the US.

However, adding that stock will be illegal here in the US unless it’s registered as an SBR with BATFE.

Rock-it3

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 10:37:07 AM »

He’s in the Czech Republic. There are no such things as SBR or ATF/BATFE over there. They don’t have restrictions on stocks for short barreled rifles like we do here in the US.

However, adding that stock will be illegal here in the US unless it’s registered as an SBR with BATFE.

Thanks George16!
Yes, I am aware he is in the Czech Republic, and I assume he would not intentionally break Czech laws, but many of the members/readers of this forum are in the United States, so I wanted to make sure people HERE do not assume it is OK to add a brace to a VZ61 at their kitchen table. I'd hate to see someone get jacked up because they did not realize the OP was in the Czech Republic.
Thanks for confirming

Offline George16

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 10:52:14 AM »

Thanks George16!
Yes, I am aware he is in the Czech Republic, and I assume he would not intentionally break Czech laws, but many of the members/readers of this forum are in the United States, so I wanted to make sure people HERE do not assume it is OK to add a brace to a VZ61 at their kitchen table. I'd hate to see someone get jacked up because they did not realize the OP was in the Czech Republic.
Thanks for confirming

I totally agree with you. Sometimes, posts can be misleading if a person reads a post as is.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 12:50:56 PM »
Correct, I am in the Czech Rep guys. I certainly do not want to inspire anyone to break local laws (no matter how stupid they are).

Up here there are no restrictions on stocks or mags even though the EU is pushing us to apply them. We actually had to officially restrict the hi-cap mags but you just need to ask for "Shall-issue-general-exception" and you can buy as much drum mags as you wish :)

Luckily we have a political support for our rights currently. I elaborate more on my channel... a lot is happening currently in the EU regarding gun laws. The European Comission is full of bloody gun grabbers  O0

Offline halfmoonclip

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 07:40:57 PM »
Interesting post from the Czech republic; do I understand correctly that the OP has a stocked Scorp, but a select fire one as well?  Wow.
Have a Tax Stamp Scorp with the OEM wire stock, and it does make it somewhat more useful.
Moon

anything