Author Topic: CGW Pro Package on a PCR  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Shahinian65

CGW Pro Package on a PCR
« on: January 08, 2021, 06:11:49 PM »
OK folks, since I can find a PCR at a decent uninflated price, ( P-01's seem to be going a fair bit higher than MSRP ) I pulled the trigger. I want to send off to CGW to have the slide milled for a red dot, while they have it I am considering the Pro Package install. I value all opinions ..... worth the $$ ? I currently have a RAMI however dont carry it as the double action trigger is a bit of a stretch for me to feel comfortable should i NEED to use it and am thinking of a reach reduction kit on it. The PCR will be my first hammer Fired to move into EDC rotation as I currently carry only Striker Fire.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: CGW Pro Package on a PCR
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 06:54:26 PM »
 While the PCR is a bit bigger all around the action is basically no different from the Rami. I will say you cannot go wrong with the pro package it is an awesome upgrade and I have it on all my CZ's including My well shot and carried PCR but you still need to practice that DA first shot. Either that or go hammer fired with a manual safety like the 75B compact which can be carried cocked and locked.
Now I will say contrary to what you read on the internet and what some people are likely to add here learning that DA first shot is not nearly as bad as many make it out to be. As you likely already know practice and dedication with what ever platform you're using is the only key to success.
At any rate I wouldn't hesitate to go for the pro pack. You certainly won't regret it.

Offline Shahinian65

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 07:08:28 PM »
Si....thanx for the info, yes I will need to train with that first DA pull

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 07:39:46 PM »
   If cost is not a significant limiter, you really can not go work with the Pro Package. It can also teach you allot about what is possible through CZ tuning. Remember, that they build the psitol to your specs within a range so you have some control over the trigger pull weights among other things.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 10:27:49 PM »
I have a PCR w/ the pro package installed by CGW. Couldn’t be happier & highly recommend it.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline BarkingAnt

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 12:50:06 PM »
I've been told that if two people report the same thing there's a good chance it's true. So now you have four people saying the same about CGW's pro package on a PCR. The DA pull is smooth, no stacking and has a clean break and the reach is reduced. It's a really nice pistol with the pro package.

And ditto on what SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM said about DA/SA transition. To me the DA first pull isn't any different than a DA pull on a revolver.
I DO look like my avatar!

Offline SEAKPhotog

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 01:11:50 PM »
OK folks, since I can find a PCR at a decent uninflated price, ( P-01's seem to be going a fair bit higher than MSRP ) I pulled the trigger. I want to send off to CGW to have the slide milled for a red dot, while they have it I am considering the Pro Package install. I value all opinions ..... worth the $$ ? I currently have a RAMI however dont carry it as the double action trigger is a bit of a stretch for me to feel comfortable should i NEED to use it and am thinking of a reach reduction kit on it. The PCR will be my first hammer Fired to move into EDC rotation as I currently carry only Striker Fire.

I have a PCR milled by CGW and they also installed a pro package.  If you have the cash and the patience having CGW install the pro package is certainly easier than doing it yourself.  The pro package does make the gun a much more refined shooting experience.  A couple thoughts: 1) installing a pro package yourself is fun and not terrible difficult.  The PCR was the 2nd and last CZ on which I had CGW install any internal parts. I decided I'd so it myself going forward and it's a bunch of fun (and in fact I've even gone back and re-polished the 2 CZs CGW did for me).  You learn to not be intimidated by tearing down the gun, you get to polish it to your heart's content and install whatever components you want.  If I can do it anyone can. 2) A less expensive, great start to installing the CGW Pro Package is to install the MCarbo kit.  I have 4 Pro package installed CZs and 1 MCarbo kit installed CZ.  Just a good polish and install of the MCarbo kit will get you a great, smooth and easy trigger pull.  Really the only thing you're missing is a short reach trigger/flatter trigger if you find you need/want one and you can buy that separately and install that later.  MCarbo also has pretty great how to videos.  Enjoy your new PCR!

Offline WestTexan

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 06:17:34 PM »
My first CZ was a PCR that came from CGW with the Pro Package... I couldn’t find one anyplace at the time so I called and they had 3 left .... only 2 after I my call O0 it’s my favorite carry gun.

Offline Shahinian65

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 05:03:56 PM »
thanx for the input folks.....called and talked with CGW yesterday.....wow great experience , very informative folks

Offline SEAKPhotog

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 05:14:57 PM »
thanx for the input folks.....called and talked with CGW yesterday.....wow great experience , very informative folks

They're terrific, as are the CZ Custom folks.

Offline sevt_chevelle

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 06:31:24 PM »
My edc is a Pro package PCR with CZ custom HTAC sights.  My fiance bought a Sig p365 for her first carry gun, it got sold real quick and replaced with a PCR with some CGW parts and CZ custom sights.

After discovering CZ pistols around 2012-2013 nothing really else produced is making me spend my money, minus some Sig classic P-series.  After having a CGW trigger installed in my first CZ pistol, a 1994 Pre B, I've become a trigger snob.
I got my 97 back from CGW in April after getting their E-mod package, its worth every single frickin penny!!

Offline Shahinian65

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 06:39:26 PM »
I talked with a guy at CGW yesterday, I am leaning P-01 over the PCR ....for the moment, LOL.....but no matter which way I go its going to CGW as soon as I get it

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 10:46:50 PM »
Can CGW get you the pistol?
 I bought my PCR straight through them and had a pro pack installed along with some other upgrades (sights;barrel crown). The fit, finish and function is incredible and it is the best-shooting pistol I have.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline SEAKPhotog

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 01:22:31 PM »
Can CGW get you the pistol?
 I bought my PCR straight through them and had a pro pack installed along with some other upgrades (sights;barrel crown). The fit, finish and function is incredible and it is the best-shooting pistol I have.

This!  Or check the folks at CZ Custom to see what they have in stock.

Offline Shahinian65

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2021, 04:55:52 PM »
CGW has the PCR with the pro package in stock, I also want to get the slide milled for a red dot but have seen reports of a red dot on a PCR that fogs up the lens from blow back as the LCI needs to be removed....so I am now leaning P-01 Non Omega as I also want the reach reduction kit and that cannot be done on the Omega version. I am on the waiting/wish list with CGW for a P-01. Any experience here with a red dot on a PCR?

anything