Author Topic: Brand New G2 Bobwhite 20 G Misfire - Insufficient Indent in Primer  (Read 6121 times)

Offline BobwhiteJim

Purchased brand new G2 BW 20 G Dec 2020.  Loved the look of the gun, loved shooting it.  A week ago, 1/5 shells failed to fire, Saturday, 3 of first 7 failed, so I put gun back in the case.  Maybe 75 rounds total shot so far.  Discharged failed shells with Winchester pump.  Submitted warranty service request via CZ website, received no response.  Called CZ today a little before 2 PM car, was on hold two hours with an automated voice counting down hold time from 10 minutes to 4 minutes (every minute or so...not kidding).  Call was terminated by CZ @ 4:03 CST.  Has anyone experienced 1) the firing pin/ spring failure and/or 2) the ridiculous lack of customer service (email and phone)?  Hate to be such a wet blanket but I couldn't be more disappointed in CZ right now.

Offline Long Branch Setter

Re: Brand New G2 Bobwhite 20 G Misfire - Insufficient Indent in Primer
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 08:59:53 PM »
I’ve seen 4 new Bobwhite guns at my local club with problems out of the box. A 28 gauge that wouldn’t fire at all, no indent on the primer, 2 20 gauge guns that had lite primer strikes on one or both barrels and the one today was a 20 gauge that fired both barrels when the front trigger was pulled. Not sure what happened to the G2. I have a G1 purchased in 2007 that has never had any problem what so ever. Defiantly QC issue somewhere.

LBS

Offline jrod

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 09:40:22 PM »
Send it back to CZ. They will make it right. They took care of mine quickly.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Offline dehughes

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 10:00:30 PM »
Interesting...I just picked up a 20ga G2 on Monday and we put 25 rounds through it with no issues.  Triggers seem a little heavy, but that may just be me.

Let us know what you find out from CZ.  I had a great experience with CZ when I sent my P10F back for feeding issues...they fixed it and had it back to me within about 7 days total.  Amazing service.  Hope you get the same.

Offline BobwhiteJim

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 11:16:00 AM »
Update:  I shipped the gun to CZ on 1/22 (after an absolutely crazy experience at a Wal Mart Fedex center).  Received word on 1/29 that they are waiting on a factory replacement and that typical turn around is 4-6 weeks.  Really glad they are replacing but waiting is no fun.  Given what Long Branch Setter posted, I'm wary of having issues on the replacement.  I'll keep at it, fingers crossed the new one will work just fine.  Really like how the gun handles. 

I went hunting yesterday, carried a Remington 1100 12 for a couple of fields; when that wore me out i carried a Winchester SXP Black Shadow 12.  Was wishing I had the BW the entire time.

I had the chance to buy a NIB G1 BW from Cabelas a few years ago for $550, but I walked away.  If I had only known then what I know now.  :)

Good shooting.

Offline BobwhiteJim

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 08:35:24 PM »
Update:  received replacement via fed ex on Wednesday.  Hope to shoot tomorrow or Sunday.  Happy with quick turnaround.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 11:19:40 PM »
Wondering how the replacement is doing?

LBS

Offline imnohero

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 05:51:03 PM »
there is a form that would of been easy to of done. https://cz-usa.com/support/warranty/

Seems strange how CZ would have such a bad warranty department, but could afford to buy Colt?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/2/11/cz-group-to-acquire-colt
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 06:05:52 PM by imnohero »

Offline imnohero

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 08:48:11 PM »
Okay its been two months since you posted. What is going on with the warranty work? What did they say was wrong? Any news?

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 11:26:30 PM »
I think you're wasting your breath. OP hasn't been around since Feb 5th. He got his replacement and all is right in his world.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 06:27:55 PM »
I hope you’re right Grendel

anything