Author Topic: Scorpion EVO sight in and optics / sights update  (Read 350 times)

Offline Jmoser

Scorpion EVO sight in and optics / sights update
« on: January 12, 2021, 06:28:02 AM »
Set up my EVO with a Burris fastfire in same/similar sight window as low factory irons.  25 yards indoor range ran out of elevation on the dot - could not get hits less than 6" low.  Also the factory irons are useless to me with my vision; wear progressive lenses [fancy bifocals]  and cant get the front sight in sharp focus even with the tiny aperture acting as a diopter.  I liked the low sight height but no way to get my eyes/lenses in the right place [even with a brace.]   The distance to front sight is inside the nearsight danger zone for me !!!

Ditched the Burris for a Holosun 510c and matched with a spare set of MBUS flip ups.  A bit bulkier but works like a dream.
I still struggle with front sight focus but OK for backups; I may explore a replacement front post for the AR style sight; maybe a giant fiber optic dot would work .  .  . 

Now just need to reconfirm zero and check a group at 50Y.  Great fun on our action range with steel and paper.

Offline Northern

Re: Scorpion EVO sight in and optics / sights update
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:20:07 AM »

Ditched the Burris for a Holosun 510c and matched with a spare set of MBUS flip ups.  A bit bulkier but works like a dream.
I still struggle with front sight focus but OK for backups; I may explore a replacement front post for the AR style sight; maybe a giant fiber optic dot would work .  .  . 

Now just need to reconfirm zero and check a group at 50Y.  Great fun on our action range with steel and paper.

That’s great!
Does the 510C come with everything needed to attach to the locating rail or is an adapter needed?
I’ve been researching various red dots and this one looks good. I just can’t figure out all the differences between this and similar models.

Offline Duece McCracken

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 11:56:54 AM »

That’s great!
Does the 510C come with everything needed to attach to the locating rail or is an adapter needed?
I’ve been researching various red dots and this one looks good. I just can’t figure out all the differences between this and similar models.

Yes the 510c has a pic mount already. It's good to go. I run a 510c-gr on my Scorpion, and it's a good fit with me and my setup.

https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/125.html

Offline Mildew

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 07:13:40 AM »
Which stock are you using?  I ran a Vortex Venom on my SBR with the factory stock for several years.  It worked really well but I stole the optic for use on my braced Charger Takedown.  I've been looking at the Holosun as a replacement. 

Offline Duece McCracken

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 12:33:42 PM »
Which stock are you using?  I ran a Vortex Venom on my SBR with the factory stock for several years.  It worked really well but I stole the optic for use on my braced Charger Takedown.  I've been looking at the Holosun as a replacement.

I almost ran a venom, but It lives on my Stoeger M3000. Which it has held up to over 1k 00buck and Slugs at this point. I wouldnt want to drop it on the Venom, besides that, just fantastic.

I have a Tail Hooked ACR stock, on the 7.75" pistol, magpul pro BUIS, magpul grip, and Holosun 510c-gr Elite. Those are the only relevant parts to cheekweld/sight alignment.  Thing is stupid easy to shoot.

Offline ARP

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 02:09:46 PM »
Word of caution about Holosun Optics....REGISTER YOUR PRODUCT on the Holosun website, even if you bought from Amazon(BOOOOOO!!!!!)  I have had 2 Holosun 403b RD crap out on me in the last year, 1 was a Brownell purchase which ended up getting a GC back (fresh out of box failure to adjust) and a second was an amazon purchase which had the records in my account of when I purchased and it was still under the Holosun warranty. I sent it back this past week to holosun after registering it on line. So it is up to Holosun to determine whether it is replaced or what will happen. I spent a good deal of ammo this past summer trying to get it to zero to no avail. Every time i thought i had it, ...nope. Moved on to another rifle and came back to it later.

anything