Author Topic: DIY slide mill cz p10f  (Read 156 times)

Offline Suhoi27

DIY slide mill cz p10f
« on: January 12, 2021, 09:09:01 AM »
Good day to all!
First I need to say that due my location I have no access to any of the recommended slide milling companies so please bear with me.
I have european CZ p 10f and just got Holosun 508t V2 for it. I have a good machinist who can do the milling but need to clarify some points:
1. How to calculate the angle of milling plane? Shall I put straight line (my caliper for example) over the existing iron sights and measure the angle this line sits to top of the slide and then simply follow this during the milling or?
2. Making the alignment pins will be a tough task so can I aim for a press fit instead of , assuming this would be enough to hold the red dot properly in its place?

I have watched / red most of the articles dedicated to this but there were no really detailed about  these.

Thank you!

Offline Duke Nukem

Re: DIY slide mill cz p10f
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 03:13:02 PM »
You're not likely to get a good answer to your question here, as you are either dealing with people who don't know or in a few cases with people who make a living doing gun milling and aren't likely to share what they've learned.

That said, my (uninformed) opinion re: the first question is to make the cut parallel to the slide top, not angled.  For the second one, it will not be as secure a mount without those posts, that's why they're there in the first place.  Without those posts the fit of the cut becomes critical, it has to be a tight fit.  You can't depend on the mounting screws to keep the optic from shifting.

Do you have a way to order an optic ready slide?  If you can, that would probably be the better way to go.

Offline Suhoi27

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 04:47:32 PM »
Thank you! Buying a new slide is not quite possible in my country...it would be easier to buy a new gun, not that this is easy though.

Offline rgunner1

• Stay Upright...
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »
The option I took as OR models were not available in my country was to buy a factory CZ optic plate and have the slide machined to accept that basically replicating the factory cut this will give you a very sturdy mount plus the option to change optics in the future from memory the angle was 1 degree lower in the cut barrel end. Happy to share some pic's by other means.
Stay Upright
    DVC

anything