Author Topic: Enough to make you cry  (Read 2678 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Enough to make you cry
« on: January 12, 2021, 05:54:50 PM »
  A fine friend of mine and I were up on the northside of Phoenix so we traipsed along into several different retailers of fine firearms and ther products, mostly hoping I'd find some reloading components...
  I was a deluded fool. This is the powder, bullet and primer section of Sportsman Warehouse on the northside of town. First the left side which is normally bullets and powder, now a scant few boxes off odd stuff and empty ammo cans.

The other side is a scant few ammo boxes, and in the cruelest of irony, face masks.

So we left empty handed and I drove us to the far north where Bruno's SHooter Suppy lurks, the last bastion of reloading compnents. He had itesm, but the price...Know what $40 can buy you?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is $40. Bruno said he's not getting stuff direct from suppliers anymore so he is getting inventory wherever he can, and retail might be $40 today and $60 tomorrow.

Anyone know if CZ makes lawn darts? Might need a stand-in hobby for a bit...

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Enough to make you cry
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 06:45:55 PM »
Yes I have seen this movie playing here in NE Ohio. Empty shelves and high fluctuating prices. I snagged an 8lb jug of 231 right before Christmas @ $154.99 and one week later the price had jumped to $182.99. Maddening times indeed.

Offline nicky

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 08:01:40 PM »
Buckle your seat belts. This is going to be a rough ride.

Offline JBruns

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:51:54 AM »
Primers are the only thing I can't get. I have a bunch, so I'm not desperate, but have been looking to replenish. You have to shop around some online for powders, but I've had no issues getting what I want there at pretty much normal prices. Bullets can be backordered at RMR (Rocky Mt Reloading) and they will show up 2-3 months later (they hit your CC right away for them though).

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:06:24 AM »
Buckle your seat belts. 

AND, place your seat backs and tray tables in the upright position.

I don't want to get political, but the recent actions in DC have meant this might go on for a VERY long time. While everyone with a grain of common sense deplores those specific actions, opponents of the President are using a VERY large brush to paint anyone who opposes their agenda as equally un-American. Therefore, defenders of 2A (even the NRA) might be hard to find for awhile. No one wants to stick their head up, least it get chopped off in the present liberal feeding frenzy.

The second wave will be these "reportedly planned demonstrations" on Jan 20. Who is the idiot that planned that? If a single shot is fired (and let's remember that no one knows who fired the first shot at Lexington) it will not turn out good... and set component availability back 5 years.

Am I alone? Does no one else see that ANY further public action can only be used as reasons to limit ammo and reloading components. They can't assail the Second. The fastest way to legally neuter gun owners is to limit ammo.

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 09:20:57 AM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline bang bang

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 11:28:22 AM »
Buckle your seat belts. 

AND, place your seat backs and tray tables in the upright position.

I don't want to get political, but the recent actions in DC have meant this might go on for a VERY long time. While everyone with a grain of common sense deplores those specific actions, opponents of the President are using a VERY large brush to paint anyone who opposes their agenda as equally un-American. Therefore, defenders of 2A (even the NRA) might be hard to find for awhile. No one wants to stick their head up, least it get chopped off in the present liberal feeding frenzy.

The second wave will be these "reportedly planned demonstrations" on Jan 20. Who is the idiot that planned that? If a single shot is fired (and let's remember that no one knows who fired the first shot at Lexington) it will not turn out good... and set component availability back 5 years.

Am I alone? Does no one else see that ANY further public action can only be used as reasons to limit ammo and reloading components. They can't assail the Second. The fastest way to legally neuter gun owners is to limit ammo.

Just my 2 cents.

unfortunately idiots genes dont know political boundaries or any other boundaries.....

and i can guarantee you, there will be some 2A zealot that will be there with their gun and probably many other cites/capitols doing the same.

but you cant fix stupid.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 12:38:03 PM »
The problem we face now is the groups we saw burning the country over the summer can now show up as protesting conservatives and cause the same mayhem which we will get blamed for which like it or not is exactly the narrative the incoming administration wants.

Offline Togmaster

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 04:00:02 PM »
I've see shortages before but this one we are in seems to be the worst by far.
Let's go Brandon!

Offline Bret

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 04:07:39 PM »
I was at Walmart today and took a look at the ammunition selection.  There was literally not one box of ammunition on the shelves.  They even sold the 222Remington that has been there for as long as I can remember.  Someone's going to be very disappointed when they figure out that 222 isn't the same as 223.

Am I alone? Does no one else see that ANY further public action can only be used as reasons to limit ammo and reloading components.
You are correct.  They will use anything to justify taking away our 2nd Amendment rights.  People supposedly on our side don't need to offer them ammunition, so to speak.

Offline nicky

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 06:19:38 PM »
There are going to be a lot of angry people for the next 4 years.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 07:13:00 PM »
Even caps and black powder is hard to find. I need an 1860 in 44.

Offline jdigr

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 08:10:19 PM »
Im not sure why I started doing this but years ago I started buying ammo that was very cheep even though i had no guns that fired that round and the tokerv round was one of them they were $100 for 1260 rd spam can so i bought many and the 7,62 x54 russian was another and the 5.45x39  then i decide to finally get something in that caliber so now I have att33 2 cz52 and a custom built carbine barrel in the 7.62x25 for my thompson pro hunter contender which is kinda neat

Offline joedirt199

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 10:13:43 PM »
It doesn't help that ammo is hard to find and people think reloading supplies are just laying around everywhere. Have had several people at work ask me about helping them get into reloading. I just laugh. They also want me to build them AR's. I tell them to get on email notifications and have their credit card ready as soon as the email comes through and wish them good luck. When things come back around there will be way more reloaders driving the price and supply of components up.
God created Police so Fireman would have heroes

In God we Trust, everyone else gets searched.

Europe

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 03:47:44 AM »
This is probably the first time when you experience empty shelves in the reloading department. In Europe it is a constant state- it takes a miracle to buy a set of high quality 6.5 creedmoor dies. If you need forster bushing bump die, you have to wait  6 months. If you need any niche stuff like 21st century or Whidden, you better buy online and pay 50-100$ for delivery to Europe. It's a constant struggle to get what you need.

Offline Goju

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 06:35:32 AM »
The absence of ammo and component supplies are happening with today’s rules and regulations. Don’t assume this will return automatically in 2 or 4 years - who knows what laws, rules and Reg’s  they will implement in that time period. All kinds of week minded people uninvolved in shooting sports, get sucked into the “public health crisis” narrative. Even squishy people with R’s behind their names are ready to create a new normal for us (god I hate that phrase). Welcome to woke-topia.