Author Topic: 7.62x39 Bren 2 alternatives?  (Read 7428 times)

Offline Doctor Castle

7.62x39 Bren 2 alternatives?
« on: January 16, 2021, 01:45:29 PM »
I'm not sure if this is going to get moved :( but I thought this would be the place to get the best answers.

What are some alternatives to the 7.62x39 Bren 2? I've seen a lot of mentions of the Galil Ace. The design of it seems kind of dated in my view, at least compared to the features and modularity of the Bren 2.

I've been looking at the Robinson XCR in 7.62x39, and considering selling my Bren 2 for it because I'm sadly running out of hope that CZ will fix the issues with it and make parts more available any time soon, and I'm as concerned as any about the political landscape. What else should I consider? Are there better options? Should I just hold tight? I really want to shoot 7.62x39 out of a modern platform.

Online MeatAxe

Re: 7.62x39 Bren 2 alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 07:03:24 PM »
I'm not sure if this is going to get moved :( but I thought this would be the place to get the best answers.

What are some alternatives to the 7.62x39 Bren 2? I've seen a lot of mentions of the Galil Ace. The design of it seems kind of dated in my view, at least compared to the features and modularity of the Bren 2.

I've been looking at the Robinson XCR in 7.62x39, and considering selling my Bren 2 for it because I'm sadly running out of hope that CZ will fix the issues with it and make parts more available any time soon, and I'm as concerned as any about the political landscape. What else should I consider? Are there better options? Should I just hold tight? I really want to shoot 7.62x39 out of a modern platform.

Considering the times we live in (a “panic-demic,” social unrest, a fraudulent election putting the demotwats in office, etc.), you’ve got to keep things in perspective. There are no “spare” parts, as finished guns are practically flying off the shelves, in addition to CZ acquiring Colt and plans to build a factory in Little Rock, large military contracts, etc.,things are pretty crazy. CZ is one of the better gun manufacturers. I have every confidence that CZ will set things right...eventually.

Even in the best of times, people had trouble with FN getting parts for the SCAR for years after it was introduced. Sig has proven that once they drop a product for sale, they’ll immediately drop all parts support for that line — and Sig USA has come out with some pretty bleepty x39 guns. The ACR has had its share of problems and never developed as the reasonably priced, multi-caliber system it was first touted as.

The Ace has had its own accuracy and over gassing issues. For the money, I’d take an actual AK, ie: the Arsenal SAM7 over the ACE.

Which brings us to the Rob Arms XCR...yes absolutely! Here you have a quality US-made weapon in many configurations with actual multi-caliber capability RIGHT NOW for not a whole lot more than the Bren 2 and seems to have the fore end features the Bren 2Ms should have had...Just have to get in line and wait 3 or 4 months to get one...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 09:02:49 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline czkyle1776

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »

I'd recommend the XCR. CZ has dropped the ball big time. Last purchase I make from them.

Offline Scorepion

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 12:57:15 PM »
Galil ACE is pretty solid. Fit /finish is top.

Its can take most AK mags. Fat Taco and large drums can be made with a cut or plastic delete kit. Some aftermarket support out there also for AR

Not mine, but an idea of aftermarket tweaks KNS or RS Regulate can bring.

Online MeatAxe

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 02:40:26 PM »
Sage Dynamics did a very positive review of his PWS 7.62x39 pistol. Looks interesting, an adjustable long-stroke piston driven upper on a standard AR lower.

https://www.primaryweapons.com
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:05:32 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline shineboy2000

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 04:59:48 PM »

Considering the times we live in (a “panic-demic,” social unrest, a fraudulent election putting the demotwats in office, etc.), you’ve got to keep things in perspective. There are no “spare” parts, as finished guns are practically flying off the shelves, in addition to CZ acquiring Colt and plans to build a factory in Little Rock, large military contracts, etc.,things are pretty crazy. CZ is one of the better gun manufacturers. I have every confidence that CZ will set things right...eventually.

Even in the best of times, people had trouble with FN getting parts for the SCAR for years after it was introduced. Sig has proven that once they drop a product for sale, they’ll immediately drop all parts support for that line — and Sig USA has come out with some pretty bleepty x39 guns. The ACR has had its share of problems and never developed as the reasonably priced, multi-caliber system it was first touted as.

The Ace has had its own accuracy and over gassing issues. For the money, I’d take an actual AK, ie: the Arsenal SAM7 over the ACE.

Which brings us to the Rob Arms XCR...yes absolutely! Here you have a quality US-made weapon in many configurations with actual multi-caliber capability RIGHT NOW for not a whole lot more than the Bren 2 and seems to have the fore end features the Bren 2Ms should have had...Just have to get in line and wait 3 or 4 months to get one...
Election fraud...lol 0 and 61 says no fraud
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 06:26:00 PM by shineboy2000 »

Online MeatAxe

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 08:42:03 PM »

By “0” (zero), are you referring to Obama?

Don’t know who “61” would be - Xhoe and The Hoe would be #69.

Offline shineboy2000

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 07:38:26 AM »

61 cases to the court and 0 proof = 0 election fraud (I’m it is not actually 0 but 0.0025% of possible is close enough to zero, for clarity 2.5 out of 100,000 votes )

Online MeatAxe

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 10:31:34 PM »

61 cases to the court and 0 proof = 0 election fraud (I’m it is not actually 0 but 0.0025% of possible is close enough to zero, for clarity 2.5 out of 100,000 votes )

Just because a court, fallible and subject to partisan kleptocratic politics, and ignorant of computer algorithms and such, didn’t find anything under the time constraints doesn’t mean anything - except that the system isn’t flawed and corrupt. As a Biden supporter, may you be the first to have your weapons confiscated and have your job taken by a “migrant.”

Offline shineboy2000

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 10:17:02 AM »
Never said I supported Biden or Trump, to assume I support Biden because you cannot accept your candidates defeat only makes you a moron. Good luck sir.

Offline Abe

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 06:51:47 AM »
I finally went w a RobArms XCR-L as an alternative to the Bren 2. Ordered it 2 days ago. Now I just have to wait ~20weeks for delivery.

ABE
From the Far East I send you one single thought, one sole idea, written in red on every beachhead from Australia to Tokyo - there is no substitute for Victory! D. MacArthur

Online MeatAxe

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 02:12:12 AM »
Never said I supported Biden or Trump, to assume I support Biden because you cannot accept your candidates defeat only makes you a moron. Good luck sir.

Bullbleep. You’re absolutely giddy for Joe and the Ho. But thanks for outing yourself on a gun forum.

This is one of your leaders, Shineboy, or should I say “it” is one of yours:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/2021/02/the-absurd-criticism-of-rand-pauls-rachel-levine-questioning/amp/

Offline Phaedrus/69

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 02:37:41 AM »

Bullbleep. You’re absolutely giddy for Joe and the Ho. But thanks for outing yourself on a gun forum.

Just because someone is no fan of a fascist like One-Pump Trump doesn't necessarily mean he's a fan of Shotgun Joe.  Just sayin'. 8)

Online MeatAxe

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 03:24:37 AM »

Just because someone is no fan of a fascist like One-Pump Trump doesn't necessarily mean he's a fan of Shotgun Joe.  Just sayin'. 8)

I hope you’re being sarcastic - any gun owner who didn’t vote for Trump - especially if you voted
for Biden - deserves to have his kids buggered in the ladies room by Xoe’s health secretary.

In effect, you would have voted for Kleptocrat Klown World and deserve the consequences.

Offline shineboy2000

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2021, 06:42:04 AM »
Yeah you are very sarcastic too... or it that full moron on display

anything