Author Topic: CZ 527 Carbine Accuracy  (Read 4039 times)

Offline BStill

Re: CZ 527 Carbine Accuracy
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 11:11:41 PM »
Ok, I'm interested in finding one like that (or an American) in 6.5 Grendel. Funding is one problem just now, but just finding one is another. Did you go through Silencer Central for the can?
A LGS near me (Central Virginia) had one today, $729.  I looked at it but instead bought the 7.62x39 Carbine next to it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Offline Tuco

Re: CZ 527 Carbine Accuracy
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2021, 05:35:13 PM »
1st range day today with the CZ527 in 7.62x39. Only took 2 different brands of ammo. Tulammo 124 gr 8m3 and Golden bear. The Golden Bear did well at 50 yds. Tul, not so much. I have 4 other brands to test the next time out. I measured the bullet diameters, and a couple were .311 while others varied between .308 to .310. Weird. The .311 ammo should perform the best, as that's what the 527 in 7.62x39 is chambered for. Did I end that with a preposition? How about "is chambered for, bitch." LOL.  Anyway, I'll report back after my next range trip (could be tomorrow) to test the other brands.

Here's a pic of the Golden Bear target. Not bad, but could be way better. Could also be that I'm not used to the rifle yet. I'm just looking for excuses to go shooting again, right. Aw, crap this forum doesn't appear to have the SMF upload function activated. I probably won't take the time to upload the pic to my server and link it here. This is an SMF forum, people, and has the ability to directly upload pics. Guess there' no interest. I'll still post results.