Author Topic: Another not a CZ thread  (Read 1451 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Another not a CZ thread
« on: January 21, 2021, 06:45:55 PM »
Got my wife an M&P PC Shield 9MM last year.  Little sucker is a shooter.  Outshoots all three of my full sized 9 and .40 M&Ps.

So, I've successfully fought the urge to buy myself one of those small little pistols for about a year now.

Till I saw an ad for an M&P 9MM Shield Bug Out Bag kit.

I got all this for $425.

1.0 M&P Shield 9MM (hope it shoots like the first one)  Not a PC Shield, but that's okay if it shoots good.  Safety is easy to work on/off.  Perfect spot for my right hand thumb knuckle.  Easier to move to FIRE than to move back to SAFE, but that's okay.  Slide release takes two thumbs and a grunt or two to release the slide.  If it works in, okay, if not, I'll learn to do it different.

People keep talking about single stack 9s.  Small and lightweight 9s.  Not something I'll carry all the time but I'll say that other BOB I carry on road trips with the CZ75 Compact in it is darn heavy (might be the extra mags and ammo??? ::)  This one won't be near as heavy.

Total of 5 magazines.  One 7 round, four 8 round.  Mags. are going from $30 to a little more than that each, so right at $100 worth of mags extra.
A small first aid kit (maybe $15??)

The BOB.  Has a double secure pouch out front, velcro flap over a zippered pouch.  Three mag. straps inside the main compartment.  A document sleeve in the main compartment.  Couple mag/flashlight pounces on one end (open top with the nylon stretch cord system to keep stuff in the pouch, a velcro flap covered pouch on the other side.  Numerous web spots on the outside for additional items/pouches, like you find on those plate carriers.  Another zippered access to a full sized pouch on top.  And the shoulder strap with a pad.  Maybe another $30 or so for the BOB.

Then the little M&P china virus mask.  $5??

Plan to get it out in the snow this weekend with some Federal aluminum cased 9MM I bought last year and never got around to shooting.  Losing the aluminum brass in the snow won't bother me.  Supposed to be 26F for a high Saturday at home.  We'll see how the new M&P with Mobil 1 for lube does in the cold temps.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Tok36

Re: Another not a CZ thread
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 07:07:17 PM »
Nice kit, maybe the mask if for the pistol, you know, so it dose not scare people.  ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Runny

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 07:18:48 PM »
Looks like a great deal to me!

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 09:44:20 PM »
Probably the biggest reason I was interested in a Shield is the way my wife's pistol shoots.  Similar guns are different.  But I'm hoping "my" Shield will shoot good, too.

8 or 9 shots from that first Shield at 7.5 yds. off hand.  115 grain hollow points on top of a compressed load of Blue Dot.  Not as good as the P09 at the same distance, but the P09 is a CZ and has an RMR on it.

Like I said, hoping the new one will like the same ammo.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Rock-it3

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 10:09:55 PM »
Nice , and  nice BOB package, too.

My wife had a S&W M&P9c for a while, but never shot it, so I sold it about a year ago. Then the CCP virus hit, and the leftist politicians started their BS, my wife became more politically and socially interested, and decided she wanted to start shooting again, in order to be prepared for whatever might be coming down the road. I had read good things about the Taurus G3c, so we bought one. It shoots great, not a single malfunction in 400+ rounds, plenty accurate for self-defense, and included 3 - 12-shot magazines from the factory, all for $300. I liked it so much I bought on for myself, used, with 5 magazines, for $275, plus the transfer fee. It also has been flawless, except for needing some loctite on the front sight screw. The targets for both guns look similar to yours from 7 yards, when I shoot them. She is getting better, and puts most of her shots in an 8" circle at 12-15 yards.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 06:47:36 AM »
I think, sometimes, the smaller handguns can be more difficult to shoot well.  I know my wife shot her CZ75 Compactc better than she shoots her Shield.  Both 9MM, same ammo, totally different groups on paper.

I was surprised the 115 grain loads that shoot so well in all my CZ 9MM pistols shoot well in that first Shield.  That ammo doesn't make me happy at all in either of the full sized 9MM M&Ps.  Same for the .40 ammo that all my CZ .40's like, the M&P and FNS .40's just put holes here and there on the paper, not nice groups.

Different guns are different.  I may not be very happy with this one.  Gotta get to the range to see.

Did I hear a rumor CZ will not be offering a small 9MM anymore (Rami, if you consider it small?)  Or will it be like the Tactical Sport, they stop making it and then a couple years later come out with a "new" Tactical Sport?  I looked at Rami's at gun shows more than once over the years but at the time I thought I wanted a .40 and just didn't run across one to buy.  At least with another 9MM Shield we have a "pool" of magazines available vs. having to buy more magazines for one pistol.

Lots of room in the bag.  Some more ammo.  A knife.  Flashlight and batteries.  Somewhat larger FA kit.  Extra pair of glasses.  Phone charging cord.  Extra pair of socks.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 04:49:41 PM »
Did I hear a rumor CZ will not be offering a small 9MM anymore (Rami, if you consider it small?)  Or will it be like the Tactical Sport, they stop making it and then a couple years later come out with a "new" Tactical Sport?  I looked at Rami's at gun shows more than once over the years but at the time I thought I wanted a .40 and just didn't run across one to buy.  At least with another 9MM Shield we have a "pool" of magazines available vs. having to buy more magazines for one pistol.

The RAMI and RAMI BD have been discontinued. The most that i have heard is that it has something to do with the P10 M single stack that came out. How a striker fired, polymer frame pistol has anything to do with a metal framed, hammer fired psitol, i do not know.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 09:03:34 PM »
That's a nice BOB - cool deal w/ 5 mags!! The M&P are quite nice.

I was surprised by the M&P EZ 9 I bought for my wife. I hate the grip safety but otherwise it's great to shoot and pretty darn accurate.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 10:08:22 AM »
I bought a Shield 40SW right when they came out. Served me well for a year and then I got a 9mm and have carried since. It has never given me an issue. I installed an Apex trigger kit and Talon grips shortly after I got it and it is excellent. Picked up an M2.0 Shield 9mm and 45ACP Shield about a year ago and both are excellent as well. I have tried other small pistols int he same class and ended up back at the Sheild. It is very proven at this point and works perfect as my primary carry.

Enjoy your Shield!

Offline sevt_chevelle

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 11:43:33 AM »
I have a 1st gen 9mm Shield, bought for the GF as she picked it out.  Anyways, the gun became mine, I hated the thing stuffed it away for several years.  Two years ago I decided i was gonna either sell and get next to nothing for it or upgrade the pistol.  Went the upgrade route, installed an Apex trigger as mine was horrible, added Ameriglo hackathorn sights and a Hogue grip sleeve. 

Those upgrades transformed the pistol into a pretty darn accurate little gun and sometimes relieves the PCR from carry duty.  IMO, the best upgrade was the Hogue grip sleeve as it fatted up the grip a touch and gave a slight palm swell and for me provided a more secure grip.  For 10 bucks I highly recommend the grip sleeve.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 12:52:57 PM »
Yeah the grip being too thin side to side is the one complaint I hear usually about the Shield.

Offline twowheels

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 03:35:05 PM »
Love my shield.  Stone reliable.  Not a single hiccup ever.  Great trigger with apex parts.  Magguts ups capacity by 2.  FO front sight.  TT gunleather IWB holster.  Who needs a 365?   

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »
Did not shoot it this weekend.  Posting in the general about what else happened.  Lucky guy.

anything