Author Topic: Polishing parts of the P-01 Omega Urban Grey Suppressor Ready  (Read 575 times)

Offline runcz

Polishing parts of the P-01 Omega Urban Grey Suppressor Ready
« on: January 23, 2021, 02:19:31 PM »
Thanks to all those that posted and shared techniques to smooth the action / trigger for the P-01 Omega.  I used the polishing pads recommended by CZ FanGrrl and had good results with my pistol.  Wanted to share a few images as reference.

Trigger bar side that is not polished:

Trigger bar side that is polished (1800 grit - 12,000 grit pads):

I also "lightly" polished (1,800 grit - 12,000 grit pads) the inside of the frame that makes contact with the trigger bar.  It is smooth and, if you look closely, actually reflects light:

Has anyone else polished interior sections of the frame?  Thanks.

bonj

Re: Polishing parts of the P-01 Omega Urban Grey Suppressor Ready
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 05:12:18 PM »
I just sent my CZ P-01 Omega back to the factory due to a crunchy trigger pull, and they advised they.....

performed a trigger job, no parts or springs were replaced just polishing. Mostly trigger bar, disconnector, sear, and hammer hook.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 06:20:32 PM »
   I did not do the inside of the frame of my P-09 due to the polymer frame. I have seen a number of folks do this on the metal framed Omega and it seams to be worth while.

With the CZ Omega Trigger Bar, it is my understanding that flattening the surface of the Trigger Bar that contacts the frame is an additional goal while you do the polishing. This can require removing more material than polishing alone. As i understand it the idea is to increase the contact area with the frame to reduce friction as the Trigger Bar shifts to the right into the frame as the Trigger is pulled. In some cases the factory Trigger Bars can be bowed inward towards the center away from the frame allowing only the ends of the contact area to touch the frame.

Your parts look nice, thank you for the pics.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 10:28:28 PM »
I polish a lot.
Definitely the trigger bar.
I try and lightly smooth the sides of the frame so the bar moves better on all my metal framed guns.

I did put all Cajun parts in it... But I also smooth out things like the sides of the hammer before I drop it in.

I polish the hammer pivot pin, the sear pin.

I also do the rails to slick things up a bit.

Most of what I do is unnecessary :)

On one of my Omega guns:
My DA sits a 6 pounds 2 ounces.
My SA sits at 2 pounds 11 ounces.

I do prefer the classic action to the Omegas.

anything