Author Topic: About to attempt pro package installation  (Read 828 times)

Offline Hahn-key

About to attempt pro package installation
« on: January 26, 2021, 10:56:53 AM »
A few weeks back I ordered the pro package for my sp-01 tactical. I took it to a local gunsmith and he said he could have it done in a few days. I call a week later to check on progress and couldn’t get them on the phone. After a few days of phone calls I drove up there and there’s a sign on the door that
Said “closed until further notice”. I freaked out because I just knew I lost my gun but luckily a week later I drove up and they were open. Turns out they had COVID. While the gun was at the shop I started doing research to see if I could do it myself. Decided to take the gun and find another smith but everyone is backed up so I figure I’m going to give it a shot. I feel pretty confident I can do everything but the sear cage. I ordered a new hammer strut so I won’t have to bother taking the pins out of the stock one.
One question is Can you use a slave pin to change the firing pin block lever and spring without taking the whole thing apart?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: About to attempt pro package installation
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »
You can just push the sear pin in far enough to remove the lever and spring without fully removing the pin. Did all mine that way. get your new parts in position and carefully push the pin back in place.

Offline Hahn-key

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 11:55:54 AM »
You can just push the sear pin in far enough to remove the lever and spring without fully removing the pin. Did all mine that way. get your new parts in position and carefully push the pin back in place.
Awesome, that’s what I was hoping thanks! Ima give it a shot.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 05:59:23 PM »
Good luck man! I hope you like it when its done.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline bobjd

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »
Good luck, you can do it and you will like the end result. Just take your time.

Offline Lock-n-load

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »
Good luck, it is pretty easy to do just take tour time, I use a slave pin myself. Mcarbo has a great video to help out!

anything