Author Topic: Sticky slide  (Read 6870 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Sticky slide
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 04:14:11 PM »
according to the people I talked to at CZ-USA, it is the #1 way to break an extractor
This is a fact. If one takes the time to inspect the CZ extractor it's easy to understand how it can be damaged since the face of the extractor is flat with no radius whatsoever so you are slamming a flat surface into the rear of the cartridge which can also have it's rim damaged by the extractor crashing into it. 1911's can have the extractor "tuning" ruined by this method as well. There are very few pistols where this method is acceptable, Beretta 92 is the only one that comes to mind and they intentionally engineered them for this.

So I definitely consider myself as a lucky. My extractor in curved and there's no harm to it once is riding back on case rim.
Perhaps CZ used curved extractors in some production time frame? My P-01 is 2018

EDIT:
The extractor is curved at the front, but flat at the back, where casing is grabbed. So perhaps SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM was talking about that flatness...
The face of the extractors in all my 75 series CZ's is flat and that's what I'm talking about. Regardless of what shape yours may be you are lucky so far that you have not damaged an extractor. The CZ simply was not engineered to have the slide slammed home on an already chambered round.

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
Re: Sticky slide
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 10:06:30 AM »
I have two rami in 9mm. The one with the decocker has a slide issue?  It happens randomly where the slide is slow or lazy. Sort of hangs up before completely moving forward. It’s been to CZ for this issue and I have cleaned and lubed it multiple times all with same results...   any thoughts???

Forgetting recent discussion about extractor (thx guys for pointing this out to me, I'm still going to use my technique but with laser cartridge, which has no rim), has the issue been resolved?

anything