Author Topic: Sticky slide  (Read 6879 times)

Offline Axam86

Sticky slide
« on: January 27, 2021, 09:44:45 PM »
I have two rami in 9mm. The one with the decocker has a slide issue?  It happens randomly where the slide is slow or lazy. Sort of hangs up before completely moving forward. It’s been to CZ for this issue and I have cleaned and lubed it multiple times all with same results...   any thoughts???

Offline eastman

Re: Sticky slide
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 08:40:47 PM »
need a little more detail to answer that.

Does it only do this when chambering a round or will it hesitate with no mag or ammo?

How old are the recoil springs (especially the outer spring)?

What is the pistol doing at the point of hesitation (e.g. round sliding up breech face, rim going under the extractor hook, etc)?

My first thought is to 1) check the breech face for a burr (especially around the firing pin hole) and 2) make sure there is no gunk under the extractor hook and it pivots freely.

If the outer recoil spring is more than 700-800 rounds old, it is likely time for a replacement.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Axam86

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 12:19:01 AM »
Only appears when chambering a round.
Doesn’t matter what grain, 115 or 125.
Recoil springs replaced by CZ
Slide ejects round and while returning forward you can feel and watch the slide almost stop before closing
I checked for burs when recently disassembled and found none

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 07:53:02 PM »
what about the extractor?

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 08:14:30 PM »
Is it magazine dependent.  Follower springs and rough feed lips can cause issues.

Hope this helps.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline cntrydawwwg

Sticky slide
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 01:43:04 PM »
I see you started a new thread, but May as well keep this one going.
1. You say you can see and feel it. So does that mean it happens while actuating the slide by hand?
2. If so, does it do this while shooting?
3. If only by hand ( when chambering a round) are you slowly riding the slide, or letting the slide fly either by releasing with slide release or slingshot?
    Just trying to clarify so I can picture it in my mind.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 01:59:30 PM »
Do you pull the slide to the rear and let it go?

Or hit the slide release and let it go?

Either should chamber, completely.

Are you grabbing the slide, pulling to the rear and then "riding" the slide forward to chamber the round.  "Riding" means holding on to the slide and easing it forward.

I have a pistol, or three, that are still tight enough that if I ride the slide forward even with no round to chamber they'll stop just short of the slide being fully forward.

Notice the slide hanging back over the frame just a bit.  I small push of the thumb moves it all the way forward and the barrel will move up into position.  When just letting the slide fly forward to chamber the round it always goes completely forward.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline FrozenBeanz

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 01:54:32 AM »
Are the decocker model and the safety model’s slides interchangeable?

If they are; have you tried swapping slides? And/or spring(s)/guide rods?

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 11:08:13 AM »
Slide ejects round and while returning forward you can feel and watch the slide almost stop before closing
Remove magazine.
Insert round or snapcap manually into the chamber via ejection port. Pull slide rearward and let it go.

Does it do the same?

Offline eastman

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 09:16:06 PM »
Remove magazine.
Insert round or snapcap manually into the chamber via ejection port. Pull slide rearward and let it go.

Does it do the same?

unless you have already invested in a stock of spare extractors, I wouldn't recommend that procedure  :o

Offline jurek

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 11:19:07 PM »
Remove magazine.

Does it do the same?

unless you have already invested in a stock of spare extractors, I wouldn't recommend that procedure  :o

So far this method has never harmed my extractors. It's not something we tested everyday.

Anyway, I suggest what I've done several times.

Offline eastman

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 04:51:55 PM »
according to the people I talked to at CZ-USA, it is the #1 way to break an extractor

Offline jurek

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 07:40:50 PM »
according to the people I talked to at CZ-USA, it is the #1 way to break an extractor

:)
That's probably true... and I can consider myself as a lucky one then  ::)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 05:20:17 AM »
This is a fact. If one takes the time to inspect the CZ extractor it's easy to understand how it can be damaged since the face of the extractor is flat with no radius whatsoever so you are slamming a flat surface into the rear of the cartridge which can also have it's rim damaged by the extractor crashing into it. 1911's can have the extractor "tuning" ruined by this method as well. There are very few pistols where this method is acceptable, Beretta 92 is the only one that comes to mind and they intentionally engineered them for this.

Offline jurek

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 02:36:04 PM »
This is a fact. If one takes the time to inspect the CZ extractor it's easy to understand how it can be damaged since the face of the extractor is flat with no radius whatsoever so you are slamming a flat surface into the rear of the cartridge which can also have it's rim damaged by the extractor crashing into it. 1911's can have the extractor "tuning" ruined by this method as well. There are very few pistols where this method is acceptable, Beretta 92 is the only one that comes to mind and they intentionally engineered them for this.

So I definitely consider myself as a lucky. My extractor in curved and there's no harm to it once is riding back on case rim.
Perhaps CZ used curved extractors in some production time frame? My P-01 is 2018

EDIT:
The extractor is curved at the front, but flat at the back, where casing is grabbed. So perhaps SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM was talking about that flatness...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:04:06 PM by jurek »

anything