Author Topic: Olight ODIN Problems, A No Go With Pad  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Scorepion

Olight ODIN Problems, A No Go With Pad
« on: February 01, 2021, 12:42:09 PM »
I got an Odin to try and I failed. Their pistol lights seem to work well and a value for the price. Not so for this model.

The light itself is very bright. A rechargeable battery, modular mount. The Pressure pad however is beyond worthless. If you run this light be aware.

Mine turns on by itself and at times it could not shut off without disconnecting the pad and pushing manual button. (see videos below). I purchased when they released them in July 2020, hopefully the initial run was a glitch batch and its fixable. This has sat on a rail with zero use other than home trial. No range time just a wonky pressure pad from the box.

Example problem video below.

https://imgur.com/GBqiXcn

https://imgur.com/NP1h1XO
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 04:54:32 PM by Scorepion »

Offline double-d

Re: Olight ODIN Problems, A No Go With Pad
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 04:12:05 PM »
So what did you do?

Did it go back to the distributer for replacement?  Tossed in circular file? Warn others that a life saving illuminating tool accessory may not work or ?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 04:18:04 PM by double-d »

Offline Scorepion

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 04:20:39 PM »
 I have asked for a replacement from Olight awaiting *1 month in email communications. 2 follow up emails with no reply. * Update: After filing a few "Contact us forms" I got a hold of someone that followed through with a new pad sent under warranty. It works, no reason why, nor did they want the old one to care why.

As a real fix, I followed up with a Cloud Defensive REIN order.

This post is more of a heads up / review that the light configured with pressure pad is not good for HD.  This also potential to be tuned on while stowed. Add a confined space and that heat could be a problem.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:27:40 PM by Scorepion »

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 09:42:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I've got 4 olights, one being a Odin and an Odin mini, no issues with either in any way

Offline Scorepion

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 10:03:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I've got 4 olights, one being a Odin and an Odin mini, no issues with either in any way

Thats good to hear. I hope it'll be worth keeping.

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 09:27:15 PM »
I do wish they had a lock out feature. If I am carrying a rifle in a hardcase I undo the pressure pad from the back of the light just for piece of mind. The lights do get very hot if left on even for a minute