Poll

Which would you recommend for me

CZ P06
CZ 75b Compact .40
CZ P01
CZ 75b Compact 9mm
Some other CZ clone

Author Topic: Help with next purchase  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Jdstg58

Help with next purchase
« on: February 06, 2021, 12:31:39 PM »
Hi All
New to Forum with first post....... sorry for all the questions in advance........

My father has a CZ P01 that fits my hands better then any other gun. The ergonomics of it are perfect for me. After a couple thousand rounds I decided I needed one for myself. I live in a 10+1 magazine restricted state. I typically buy larger caliber guns that meet the 10+1 restrictions.

The CZ P06 seems the answer for me, but they are discontinued. I don’t have a preference on Safety or Decocker so that also brings me to the CZ 75b Compact in .40. Also discontinued. Both seem hard to find. When I do see them, they seem overpriced at $900 range.are they more expensive because they are discontinued or is it just the current crazy market. Is there any reason to stay away from a CZ in 40?

I do really like the CZ P01, I just hesitate buying a gun with reduced capacity mags as they sometimes are not as reliable as the original full capacity mags. Would Omega or the older version be preferable?

If I’m considering the P01, then why not the CZ 75b in 9mm.

I know there are some clones of the CZ 75 Compact out there, but know nothing about them.

I’m not in a rush and can take my time looking. I have plenty of other guns for carry and the range- Sigs, Berettas, Glocks, Smiths, etc. I reload so ammo availability and cost is not a problem.

Which would you recommend and why? Anything to avoid?

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 12:37:24 PM by Jdstg58 »

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
Re: Help with next purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 12:39:33 PM »
P06 if you can find one.  Currently in process of making one out of a P01 frame and a slide from a 40 compact.  Have yet to fire it, hope to fix that this weekend.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline BStill

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 12:43:53 PM »
Rami?  feels very similar in the hand as my P-01.  10 round magazine by design.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Offline Jdstg58

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 12:49:51 PM »
I’ve held the Remi, it just didn’t have the same feel as the P01 size. It may have been too small.

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 01:08:12 PM »
If you really like P-01... just stay with CZ75 family.  I've kept few different 75s in my hands... and still loved P-01 in aluminium frame.
If you are thinking about cal 40 - P-06 seems to be the best option. But as you have mentioned, you need to be prepared for $900.

I was going to suggest less expensive pistol - M&P M2.0 COMPACT.. but with 10 rd restriction you can have 9MM or 45AUTO options only...

My vote - P-6  ;)

Offline Jdstg58

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 03:21:29 PM »
P06 if you can find one.  Currently in process of making one out of a P01 frame and a slide from a 40 compact.  Have yet to fire it, hope to fix that this weekend.

JW

I haven’t seen any 40 slides for sale. That sounds like a great set up to have both slides for it giving you multiple calibers. I do that with my Sigs and Glocks. They are all 40/357 Sig with extra slide or conversion barrel in 9mm.

Offline Jdstg58

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 03:22:56 PM »
With 40 are the steel frames more durable then the alloy?

With the $900 price, is that this last year with panic buyers or was it in that range before the panic.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 03:49:30 PM by Jdstg58 »

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 03:53:35 PM »
Jtstg58,

Also have done the same with SIGs.  My favorite carry was a SIG 239 in 357SIG.  Sadly discontinued. ATF and Air Marshal service issued them and BARSTO made the 9mm barrel.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 10:14:54 PM »
My personal preferences is for a 9mm over 40, but fully acknowledge it’s my preferences and yours may differ. As such I voted for a P01- it’s available now & has same ergos ans the P06.

I’m also a decocker fan
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 06:09:17 AM »
If you like the P01 get the P01 or PCR. The Rami is much smaller and the 75 is larger. The compacts have the same size frame, but are made of steel instead of alloy so they will be heavier, which is great for shooting but not so much of it’s a carry gun. I would worry about mag reliability. it’s not an issue as long as you are using factory/mec Gars.

Offline Jdstg58

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 11:08:42 PM »
Jtstg58,

Also have done the same with SIGs.  My favorite carry was a SIG 239 in 357SIG.  Sadly discontinued. ATF and Air Marshal service issued them and BARSTO made the 9mm barrel.

JW

About 11/2 years ago I picked up an unissued LEO trade in P239 in .357 Sig from AIM. It’s been my CC ever since.

Last year picked up an unissued LEO trade p229 in 357 from CDNN.

They have gotten me back into metal framed da/sa and away from poly striker guns.

Offline Assnolax

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 02:00:06 AM »
I have a  01197  CZ 75 Compact .40 S&W and feel it can be a bit of a touchy beast.   I have heard others completely rework feed ramp geometry, mine took some heavy polishing before feed issues were resolved but I have never tried any hollowpoints through it.  Other than polishing, new sights, old style 85 combat trigger, cajun trigger pin and some lok palm swells it is stock and at least with fmj quite reliable. This is the steel framed safety model so I can't speak to the aluminum framed decocker side. 

Offline JLla84

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2021, 08:13:03 AM »
A big thing to consider also..... RAIL, OR NO RAIL?
i just went through this and decided i did not need a rail for my purchase. something to think about!
Visit my IG for USPSA and other shooting videos!
https://www.instagram.com/jlla84/

CZ Shadow 2 Cajunized
CZ P10c Cajunized
CZ Cajun PCR
CZ Scorpion K SBR
Sig P365XL RX
M&P Shield

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2021, 06:38:04 PM »
Assnolax,

Have a 40 75B Compact.  Love mine and have only done minor work on trigger, replaced the grips, and sights for my ageing eyes.  Now to fit a 357 Sig barrel.  Purchased a frame of a P01 and will work on making my own P06.  By the way the slide fits with no modification.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Offline Jdstg58

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 04:18:33 PM »
Prices seem crazy. There was a P-06 on gunbroker. It went for $1225. That just seems crazy. I could buy a Shadow 2 for that.