Author Topic: After Defensive Kit and RR2 install - wierd  (Read 686 times)

Offline briang2ad

After Defensive Kit and RR2 install - wierd
« on: February 06, 2021, 12:59:19 PM »
I now have both the defensive kit and the RR kit in now.  Its pretty good, but it has TWO feels to the reset.  When I let it out a tiny bit, I feel a very faint - almost non-distinguishable reset - but the trigger will fire in SA.  If I let is out more, I feel a distinct, nice reset - its like I have two reset points and it seems strange.  What could that be?

Overall, the trigger feels decent and has a shorter throw and very short reset (at the first weak feeling reset), but its not great.  (My P series guns seem to have a smoother DA, and my PreBs are MUCH better).  Yes, SA is pretty great, but DA stacks a bit.  That could be from my 'out of speck' sear cage, that CGW thinks needs resloped rear angles - I stones some of that out, and while better, it ins't perfect. 

Offline Tok36

Re: After Defensive Kit and RR2 install - wierd
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 03:35:32 PM »
Sounds like a false reset. The Sear is resetting first then the FPB Lifter Arm is resetting second. It is likely that the Trigger Bar Spring tension setting is off and needs to be readjusted. The goal is to have both sides of the Trigger Bar balanced. First i would reduce the Left side Trigger Bar tension a bit, if that dose not remedy the issue follow the steps listed blow.

1. Remove the slide

2. Cock the hammer in SA

3. Push the trigger bar down all the way and hold it down, then pull the trigger all the way back, then release the trigger bar but keep the trigger pulled back.

4. The hammer should now be fully cocked in SA and you should be holding the trigger all the way back.

5. SLOWLY let the trigger go forward and watch the 2 humps in the trigger bar - one will jump up sooner than the other (Viewed from the rear)

6. The one that jumps up first has too much "up" tension on the trigger bar support spring (#34)

7. Bend the #34 down at little at a time until both sides of the trigger bar pop up at the same time.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 03:48:07 PM by Tok36, Reason: Corrections. »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:47:34 PM »
Agree with Tok36.  Had the exact same problem on a SA only it would not fire on the first one.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »
Thanks gents.  I suppose you just push DOWN on the left side TB spring - correct?  To be clear this first reset DOES release the SA fine, but feels wierd and weak.

(MAN... I seem to have many things going wrong lately with TB tension - getting worrisome - this is a NEW gun).

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 05:47:50 PM »
Thanks gents.  I suppose you just push DOWN on the left side TB spring - correct?  To be clear this first reset DOES release the SA fine, but feels wierd and weak.

(MAN... I seem to have many things going wrong lately with TB tension - getting worrisome - this is a NEW gun).

In a CZ with a Firing Pin Block, if only the Sear resets (the first weak reset) the Hammer may drop but the FPB will not disengage. This means the pistol will not fire because the FPB is stopping the Firing Pin from going forward when the hammer strikes it. The psitol must fully reset to function properly.

The Trigger Bar spring must be slightly repositioned. You need to push down on it enough to reduce the spring tension.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 07:18:50 PM by Tok36, Reason: Spelling. »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »
Check.  Worked like a champ.  Thanks!

anything