Author Topic: Help me spend my money  (Read 263 times)

Offline NeedCZ

Help me spend my money
« on: June 19, 2021, 12:26:59 PM »
Through a bit of good fortune, I find myself with an $800 gift credit at my local gun range (no cash value, merchandise only).
Unfortunately, they are one of those retailers that "competes on service" rather than price so everything they have is above the internet price I could find elsewhere.
I have decided that the money is going into a gun, but I don't NEED anything, so this is entirely an optional choice.

I've found two interesting items at not-ridiculous prices but am kind of stuck on where to go.

The first and most obvious choice is a SP-01 Shadow for $899.  Which seems like an ok price? 
I have a Shadow II, 75SAO Shadow, and several 75's of various configurations but no SP01, so from a collecting perspective, this makes some sense as it fills a small hole in the collection.
From a shooting fun perspective?  I doubt that this gives me anything I don't already have, so I'd probably buy it and park it in the safe somewhere; which rates pretty low on the fun meter.

The second choice is a "Red Army Standard RI3291N VSKA" AK-47 for $680, which again seems like a not terrible price for a basic AK?
I don't collect AK's (or any kind of rifle), so from a shooting perspective, this is something new and different.
From an ownership/collector perspective, I'm not sure it makes any sense at all, but then "AK cool and fun" may be sufficient justification?

The third choice is to just cool my jets and wait to see what else comes along. 

Comments, thoughts, advice?

24, 27, 38, 45, Duo, 50, 52, 70, 75, 75B, 75sao, 75SAO Shadow, 83, P01, P07, P09, P10C, P10F, Phantom, Shadow2

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: Help me spend my money
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 02:37:14 PM »
An SP-01 for $100.00
Sounds like a no-brainer !
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the 8 years before HIM !

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 03:02:10 PM »
Might I suggest a Scorpion 9mm.  You would get a firearm that shoots a caliber you already have, and in a carbine format that would extend the effective range to 100 yds or so.  Plus they are really fun to shoot.

Best wishes on your choice.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 03:11:39 PM »
Since you say you don't collect any rifles I have to assume you have no rifle ammo? Yes?  If that's the case with things being as they are right now I'd stick with a caliber you already have and have ammo for. Although things being as they are having a good semi auto rifle on hand might not be a bad idea. I'd suggest something in the .223 or .308 arena.

Offline NeedCZ

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 08:10:34 PM »
They have Scorpions for $999 but with an internet price of $829 I really hate to overpay like that, even with free money.  (I'm a tightwad)

I do have a PCC, but no actual rifles (and obviously no rifle ammo), which is a pretty valid argument both for and against getting a rifle. 
Available selection of .223 rifles is absurdly overpriced and .308 is very limited and well over $800....

24, 27, 38, 45, Duo, 50, 52, 70, 75, 75B, 75sao, 75SAO Shadow, 83, P01, P07, P09, P10C, P10F, Phantom, Shadow2

Offline Phyffe

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 08:03:05 AM »

If you haven't made any choices maybe you may want to consider getting a carry-sized CZ? Assuming they don't have RAMIs perhaps you may want a P10C or P10S (which is what I got for my personal carry), or ideally a P-07 (which I would have got if it were available)?

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:42:35 AM »
An AK is always a good choice I think. 7.62x39 price is already coming back down close to normal prices. They are a pretty good do all rifle for range fun, protection and hunting if needed. I have had my PSAK47 for about 3 years and really enjoy shooting it. It comes with me most times for shooting hogs.

Offline BarkingAnt

« Reply #7 on: Today at 10:08:39 AM »
For what it's worth a cajunized SP-01 shadow is the best shooting pistol I own. More so than a stock Shadow II.
i DO look like my avatar

anything