Author Topic: 9mm TS barrel in an SP01 or Shadow?  (Read 5101 times)

Offline CZwhit

9mm TS barrel in an SP01 or Shadow?
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
Anyone know if the TS barrel will fit the SP01 slide?  I'm sure it will need some fitting but wanted to find out if anyone had tried this.

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
Re: 9mm TS barrel in an SP01 or Shadow?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »
The under locking lugs (peanut) is a different dimension and needs to be altered to work in an SP01 or CZ 75 we have done it and it works fine.
But it is definitely not drop in and need to be cut right so it will function.

Angus Duhhhh!

Offline CZwhit

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:45:16 PM »
Thanks Angus.  I'm trying to find a way to buy an extended barrel to thread for an SP01 and thought this might be an option.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 02:45:39 AM »
You could try the extended barrels for SP01 series, the Australian version. they are 4.925" in length against standard of 4.7"

http://czcustom.com/cz75sp01barrel9mm4925ext.aspx
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline CZwhit

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »
The Australian barrel isn't long enough unfortunately.  I was told I need  1/2" extra for a proper threading.  Not sure if that is right though.

Offline mustang400

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 06:08:36 AM »
If you haven't already got your (SP01) or Shadow, get it from Angus and have the work done all at one time. Saves big time on shipping. If Angus says the Peanut can be cut to fit, it will be done. TS barrel is .70" longer. He might even swap the stock 4.7" Shadow for the TS barrel + little bit of cash. Barrels $149.95 plus labor to cut and fit the TS Barrel.
 If you haven't settled on a Supressor company, AWC Supressors will cut, thread, thread protector and test fire for funtion. And handle all your class 3 paperwork if you get their supressor at the same time. Or no supressor and just the thread protector. There's alot of nice looking guns out there being sold as Supressor ready

Offline MuayThaiJJ

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 04:36:20 PM »
Anyone have a picture of a TS peanut fitted for a SP01? thanks
YouTube Channel: Nick Shoots Stuff
Diablo Rod and Gun Club
03-FFL and COE Holder
CMAT GMAU

Offline Tok36

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 05:31:03 PM »
   At best, these may be able to be used as a loose reference. I have not completed the testing for my 75 SA Long slide. If you remove too much material you kill the barrel. I suggest going slow, until the Slide no longer hangs off of the back of the frame. There is more to the process of fitting a TS slide to an SP-01/75SA frame. The Frame or Slide dust cover must also be modified for slide clearance and proper function. The option is available to ship the parts into CZC for the conversion. I will post in more detail on the subject at some point.

This is the thread that i worked from while completing my conversion. It is worth reading.

PROJECT: SP-TS Shadow with Range Report
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=49760.0

Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline MuayThaiJJ

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 06:10:27 PM »
Thanks, so only needed removal at the guide rod part not the internal peanut area where the slide stop sits?
Diablo Rod and Gun Club
03-FFL and COE Holder
CMAT GMAU

Offline Tok36

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »
So far, that is all my barrel needed to get the barrel to lock up correctly and stop the slide from going too far rearward. You are removing material from the part of the barrel where the Guide Rod sits, so that when the Slide is in the locked position the Guide Rod is seated on the frame.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline MuayThaiJJ

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 06:40:07 PM »
thanks, dude. I'll get it a shot. I am helping a buddy fit a TS barrel into his ACCU Shadow slide.
Diablo Rod and Gun Club
03-FFL and COE Holder
CMAT GMAU

Offline coolbox

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 11:20:05 PM »
Thanks, so only needed removal at the guide rod part not the internal peanut area where the slide stop sits?

Yes, only the area where the guide rod sits. I recall it was 1mm or 1.5mm, please measure before hand,  and go slow. Surprisingly, the barrel steel is much easier to machine or file down versus CZ frames or slides.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull