Author Topic: Q= Reliability parts for 75B's  (Read 557 times)

Offline double-d

Q= Reliability parts for 75B's
« on: February 14, 2021, 12:09:26 PM »
What parts are recommended to enhance reliability on manual safety 75B pistols? 
Searched the board, read lots of threads but didn't find my definitive answer (unless I wasn't looking hard enough).

Have a unfired full size stainless and a virtually new compact model that I want to replace whatever is recommended for reliability.
Will primarily used for carry, shooting factory JHP ammo and wanting to retain the stock trigger & hammer on both unless an issue there.
Truly want to keep them as stockish as possible.

I read upgraded FPRP is a must.  Should I replace the trigger pins to floating as well?  Springs? Other? 
Thinking of purchasing items from CGW (or ??) and want to consolidate as much as possible for shipping purposes.

Any & all assistance will be greatly appreciated.    Respectfully

Offline SoCal

Re: Q= Reliability parts for 75B's
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 01:16:05 PM »
CZ's have an excellent record of reliability, after 10-20K rounds you may want to replace the slide stop and ejector for max reliability.  The parts you mentioned are usually replaced to improve the trigger, not to improve reliability.  I have used both CGW and CZC and both are excellent, there are other vendors (like Apex) that are reported to be excellent as well but I have not personally used them. 

Good luck and WELCOME to the cult..LOL
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 03:55:17 PM »
So far, I've not broken a single CZ pistol.

I read that the trigger return springs can break if you do lots (and maybe lots of lots) of dry firing.  Many recommend keeping that spring well lubricated.  Many recommend the CGW reduced power trigger return spring for reliability and about 1/4 lb. reduction in trigger pull.

I read that the firing pin retaining pin should be replaced.  I've not broken one, but I've pulled brand new ones out of the slide on a pistol only fired at the factory and found damage that was already cracking the pin on the side the firing pin strikes it on when the pistol if fired.  From what I understand the speed of damage can vary from one pistol to another.  I replaced mine with CGW pins just to make me feel better as they are supposed to be tougher and last longer.  I think CZ Custom also makes an upgraded/harder pin, too.  But I've not tried them.

Some people break slide release pins (the part that goes through the slide cracks/breaks, not the part you push with your thumb to release the slide) but most don't.  Not a common issue, but some people have had it happen.

Can't think of others but there's so many people here who shot thousands of rounds through their pistols they will add to the list.

I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 06:10:14 PM »
If you like to dry fire, replace the FPRP.

If you like to drop a round in the chamber and slam the slide closed on the already chambered round, buy a spare extractor (you will need it sooner than you think). I am the at least 3rd owner of a P-09 9mm slide and someone at least 2 owners previous to me must have liked doing that because a big piece of the extractor hook broke off.

I have broken a slide stop in a TacSport (no idea of the round count, but the original owner was a competition shooter). The pistol still functioned, but just didn't lock open on empty.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 05:06:50 AM »
The guns are as reliable as anything out there in their stock form. Anything after that is personal preference. I put the CGW pro pack in my PCR and 75B compact simply for the enhancements those parts provide. Those additions do however take the action to an entirely new level.

Offline double-d

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 11:52:13 AM »
Thanks for the replies above.

Looks like I'll be purchasing the FPRP & floating trigger pins for sure, possibly the reduced power trigger springs as well.
Still looking at other parts/pieces for them.

The Compact (300 rounds) is being gifted to a sibling along with a Boriqua IWB holster and four mags.  He will be a first time firearm owner and I want to help ensure reliability on the firearm before handing it over.
250 rounds out of this pistol were by him under my guidance........ and he is currently unaware that it will soon become his ;D

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 02:53:43 PM »
I'm probably the biggest critic of the 75 as far as the TRS - and even I'll say that the 75 is a VERY RELIABLE pistol - VERY reliable.  I would not hesitate to buy a used one - they are just so reliable. 

Have extra TRSs, and no sense not to get CGW ones.

Dry fire with an O-ring and forget expensive snap caps. 

Get a few extra trigger bar springs.  These can get out of whack - especially if you mess around disassembling them. 

Offline gifbohane

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »
Briang  -----What is a TRS?

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 08:59:23 PM »
Briang  -----What is a TRS?

Trigger Return Spring
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SoCal

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 09:33:43 AM »
Have extra TRSs, and no sense not to get CGW ones.

I dry fire a LOT and compete and I have never had a CGW reduced power TRS break, YMMV.
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

anything