Author Topic: Tanfoglio Witness "STOCK" grips  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Redhemi

Tanfoglio Witness "STOCK" grips
« on: February 19, 2021, 12:37:52 PM »
Well I just picked up a NIB Tanfoglio "Stock" large frame it's not a 1,2 or 3. I am having a hard time finding grips that I like for this model. The original wood ones are ok but would really like some nice thin metal ones that say Tanfoglio on them. Any leads to anything that fits on this would be appreciated and checked out. I really don't want to get to involved into this gun if I don't have grips I really like. Thanks for any help.

Offline Horse Soldier

Re: Tanfoglio Witness "STOCK" grips
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 02:43:15 PM »
Try shootersconnectionstore.com for aircraft aluminum grips.
Patriot Defense Tanfoglio Grip - Full - LG Frame Thin

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 03:32:09 PM »
Thanks I looked at and even called Patriot and nothing for my frame. I'll check out Shooters.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 05:24:46 PM »
Thanks I looked at and even called Patriot and nothing for my frame. I'll check out Shooters.

That’s odd, Patriot Defense typically only sells Large Frame Tanfoglio grips. Is your gun an IFG or EAA import?

Offline himurax13

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 05:40:44 PM »
Well I just picked up a NIB Tanfoglio "Stock" large frame it's not a 1,2 or 3. I am having a hard time finding grips that I like for this model. The original wood ones are ok but would really like some nice thin metal ones that say Tanfoglio on them. Any leads to anything that fits on this would be appreciated and checked out. I really don't want to get to involved into this gun if I don't have grips I really like. Thanks for any help.

These LOK Brass grips aren't thin, nor do they say Tanfoglio on them. However, they are the nicest grips I have ever felt for the large frame non-competition Tanfoglio frames. LOK offers different lengths and might let you custom order a logo.

https://lokgrips.com/tanfoglio/specialty/tanfoglio-palm-swell-gridlok-aggressive-brass/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 11:15:19 PM »
Nice Himurax13! 8)

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 12:54:08 PM »

These LOK Brass grips aren't thin, nor do they say Tanfoglio on them. However, they are the nicest grips I have ever felt for the large frame non-competition Tanfoglio frames. LOK offers different lengths and might let you custom order a logo.

https://lokgrips.com/tanfoglio/specialty/tanfoglio-palm-swell-gridlok-aggressive-brass/

I should have known you would have something to show me. Say you wouldn't be interested in a slide swap? Mine has the adjustable combat sights and I prefer the Bomars that are on yours  ;D. Also do you know of any magwells for this gun? I'd post a pic but I don't know how to in this forum.

Offline himurax13

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 10:24:09 PM »

I should have known you would have something to show me. Say you wouldn't be interested in a slide swap? Mine has the adjustable combat sights and I prefer the Bomars that are on yours  ;D. Also do you know of any magwells for this gun? I'd post a pic but I don't know how to in this forum.
LOL, well the competition frame sights are more popular. The only magwell available for that frame is made by Canyon Creek. You will need to tab weld or epoxy it.

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 12:09:19 AM »

LOL, well the competition frame sights are more popular. The only magwell available for that frame is made by Canyon Creek. You will need to tab weld or epoxy it.

Now that looks nice. If I keep the gun I just might have to try one.

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 11:49:22 AM »
Here she is.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 09:49:44 PM »
Here she is.

She purdy. Love my Tanfoglios. 8)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 02:58:07 PM »
Gorgeous!!!  8)  Congratulations, Redhemi!  :)

For Grips, I would search ebay.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 11:32:29 AM »
Gorgeous!!!  8)  Congratulations, Redhemi!  :)

For Grips, I would search ebay.

Thank you. I have looked at ebay, lok and others but there doesn't seem to be a lot of different types of grips for this frame.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 12:41:21 PM »
If you contact LOK and tell them what you like they try very hard to do what you want.
They cant always but they will listen and try.
When they do its at a fair price as well.
If you are putting a mag well on Id wait on grips or you will have to get different ones.

Good luck

RCG

Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

anything