Author Topic: 6mmARC Load Dev, ATN nightvision, CZ97, Ruger 22s..  (Read 514 times)

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
6mmARC Load Dev, ATN nightvision, CZ97, Ruger 22s..
« on: February 28, 2021, 08:10:27 PM »
Finally got to hit the range again.
Highlights: New powder(SW Precision) for 6mmARC ladder loads, 45 comparison (97, SAR k2, 1911), Ruger Mk IIs
There was another guy there zeroing his ATN thermal scope. He was having trouble sighting shots at first so I helped him get it on paper. I had boresighted my rifle this morning before hitting the range and was dead on in 3 shots. Clays at 200yds vaporized pretty easily. I didn't get a chance to check his thermal scope (I've never seen thermal in person so I'm interested for sure.)
The Rugers were fun. I actually did some single handed bullseye shooting at the 50 yd berm. I wan't super great, but it was really fun. The scoped slabside finished the last of the pieces.
As for the 45s: The CZ wins. The SAR is good for night time HD, and does shoot and feel good, sights are decent. The 1911 has the best trigger and is the most accurate, but the CZ jsut shoots better and follow ups seem better. I suspect it has something to do with the big honking dust cover. It could use bigger sights, but I do actually carry it sometimes so the low profile is good for that.

Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..