Author Topic: My bren 2 was junk and cz usa customer service really stinks *updated  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Driftz240

Hear me out on this.
I bought a bren 2 in 7.62x39 months back and quickly noticed it was a lemon.  I own lots of firearms. About 40 of witch are cz products. I shoot a lot. Im a uspsa gm and shoot about 50k rds a year. I love shooting.  That said. I had never had a single gun from cz that needed sent back for repair or replacement.  I sent my bren 2 back back in january. After 2 weeks i was offered a replacement in 5.56. Witch i accepted.
I sent them my ffls info and that is when comms stopped.  I have called about 20 times to verify they got my ffl info and emailed them as well. I keep getting. Oh ill find out and call you back. No return call ever.  As a business owner myself its super important to me to deal with my customers and keep them happy. I know cz is busy as hell during all this.  I know they are taking a bath on the bren 2 x39 guns. But it takes less than 2 minutes to contact a customer and say " yes i got the info were backlogged untill x date and we expect to send it out insert date here_____. Basic customer service is super lacking.  I love the guns. Hell I rock a cz hoodie all the time.. But im starting to think cz does not  give a crap about their customers. It takes 2 minutes.. Dont let claims go for over 3 months with no comms. Anyone else experience this?

Offline mikec

Re: My bren 2 was junk and cz usa customer service really stinks *updated
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 09:22:35 PM »
I would write them a polite letter of complaint.   Address it to the management.  Chances are they won’t look here.  Hope it works out for you.

I have an ongoing saga with a brand new Zastava M91 sniper rifle, failures to extract, every 3rd to 5th shot.  It has been worked on by a Zastava USA gunsmith who reamed the chamber and changed a magazine catch.   He shot it, “checked out okay”, sent me a free mag.  After first 20 rounds, problems  recurred, somewhat less frequent.  I shot 300 rounds of 7.62 x 54R light ball Russian ammo so far, using the recommended adverse setting per manual, functionality is unacceptable, so it’s going back.  They promised to work on it again, and if they cannot fix it, that they will replace it with a new one.  Hope so.  Makes you wander about the quality assurance in the current Eastern military arm factories.

Offline Aries144

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 05:57:29 AM »
I've owned 5 rifles that had serious issues. I have never, ever had a gun company successfully fix one under warranty. Ever. Armalite, Beretta, Arsenal, Century, and now CZ.

I am convinced that all US gun makers either hire the gunsmith equivalent of Malaysian list-reading call center people, or else put so much pressure on them that they can't possibly keep up with their workload and are falsifying tests because it's the only way to handle management that doesn't result in being fired for unsatisfactory performance.

"What do you mean I'm not going fast enough? I have two assistants and 143 different firearms in for test and possible repair. There's no way I can do that in a week." -Head Gunsmith

"Then we'll find someone who can!" -Corporate Derp.

In every case but one, I've been able to fix the problem myself.

The Bren 2 7.62x39 guns can be fixed with nothing more than smaller gas ports. Either have a gunsmith drill a hole in the "off" port, experiment with welding/redrilling a port, or see if someone is willing to take on cloning the gas cylinder and drilling the new one with with properly sized ports.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 07:38:26 AM »
If your Bren 2 is the 11" model and you hate it enough to sell it PM me.

I will say for CZ customer service, and it's been a while. But 2/3 years back I had to contact them twice for repair parts they didnt question anything. Asked for serial number and sent the parts free of charge.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline Driftz240

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 07:47:56 AM »
It was received dec 15 2020. To be exact. Ridiculous.
Hipoint can fix their stuff and keep customers happy..lol

Offline Barn Owl Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 10:27:52 AM »
I don't know why CZ USA either ask CZUB for advice or have CZUB send them the Czech spec gas regulators.  Some European users of the 7.62x39mm rifles have have problems but it seems that CZ in the Czech Republic have been helpful, as well as the problems not being as common in the first place over there.

And I thought that CZUB was starting to come down on CZ USA and browbeat them into accepting that there's a problem.  But as a previous post said, it seems that even US arms of foreign companies are unable or unwilling to fix problems when they happen.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 01:40:05 PM »
Only had one issue with a CZ.  Contacted CZ USA, got the return authorization e-mail, printed up the shipping label, carried the slide down to FedEx and boxed it up.

FedEx shipped it to CZ USA (and lost it in a warehouse for 3 days) and CZ USA got it fixed and back to me in 10 days, even counting the FedEx delay.  Been working ever since.

I wonder how much the china virus stuff has affected their schedules/opportunities to keep up/turn things around??  I know my state government is still way behind/not working at before (drove a car for 3 months last year on a 30 day tag till I could get an appointment to come in and get a title/tags for it.  Still have to make an appt. to get in to see someone.  The Social Security Administration makes you call some place out in Oklahoma rather than go see a local rep. 10 miles from my house.  Talk about banker's hours.  They've got it better than that.  They only accept calls for 6 hrs. a day.  My wife spent 55 minutes on hold yesterday and when 3 PM their time hit the phone clicked over to a message that said to call back the next day.

I'll bet a lot of the new "problems" CZ USA is dealing with is from new gun buyers without the experience to know they are causing some of their own issues by not reading the manual, not cleaning/lubing prior to taking it shooting, not running good ammo through it, etc., etc., etc. and the keeping CZ USA busy trying to sort out those types of issues.

Seeing it on other forums (new/first time gun owners).  If you go to the FN Forum you might start to thing there are very few good 509's being sold these days.  Similar, but not as many, complaints about XD pistols.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Driftz240

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 04:23:38 PM »
Cz just blew me off again. Waited on the phone for the same spheal.  Basicly we got your money. We got your broke ass gun and piss off.   Is czub connected to czusa?.   Rediculus

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 04:37:43 PM »
Enough.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Driftz240

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 01:39:22 PM »
So after months of calling and emailing to no response. I got lucky and jacob. In cz customer service answered the phone. Had me resend my ffl info. I wrote him an email a outwhat i thought. Friday afternoon i got an email with an invoice of a bren 2 in 5.56 shipping to my ffl.  Jacob gave a crap and is the kind of person who needs to be involved in this. 
Maybe some forum gripe was needed . maybe they sawmy post. But jacob handled the problem in 24 hours. Good on him.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 04:28:39 PM »
What you doing with that 7.62 model?
USN 2006-Present
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline Driftz240

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 08:10:45 PM »
 Cz reclaims them. Sending me a 5.56 version.  Tje second i shot the 7.62 i knew it was over gassed.  Problems dident spawn till about 750 rds. A buddys kid ran it tje weekend before at a 2 gun match and it worked flawless. Then i took it out back to my range and ot was doing 180ing the cases.  I love the idea of the x39 gun. But if the 5.56 bren2 is as bombproof as my 1st gen 805 ill be happy.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:57:31 PM by Grendel »

Offline mikec

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2021, 01:51:01 PM »
Maybe you should have tried the HBI solution first (smaller gas hole service and stronger spring).

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 06:31:57 PM »
Maybe you should have tried the HBI solution first (smaller gas hole service and stronger spring).
Have you gone this route? Curious to hear from someone with experience. 
USN 2006-Present
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline mikec

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2021, 06:18:40 PM »
I have no personal experience; hope to hear from someone who has taken this route.  HBI seems to be right on money for their stuff.

anything