Author Topic: new,1st post ? on new cz bren 2ms  (Read 667 times)

Offline tommyguns

new,1st post ? on new cz bren 2ms
« on: March 29, 2021, 11:05:44 PM »
this is my first post on this forum. just asking for opinions on the 7.62x39 bren 2ms. I have seen the potential problems on the net but I love cz and the x39 caliber. i have 2 805's and they are top notch imo. i also have a 2ms in 556. 14" i plan on pin and welding, but wanted a 7.62x39. so i have a 14" on the way. i rounded up mags from $75 to $38. 13 total. also the hb spring. was reluctant because of mags but hey pay to play. How big a problem have they been for people? i am gonna run the crap outta it next week and if it runs well, was going to get 11" version that was on back order for fear they may be limited in future. Hopefully someone will convince me it's all great or to save my money. being my first post hopefully this won't be my first dumpster fire. thanks hopefully . lol

Offline MeatAxe

Re: new,1st post ? on new cz bren 2ms
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 11:17:04 PM »
I haven’t had any trouble with my 11” x39, but there are no spare parts from CZ after 3 years of importation, which is a concern, especially with an AWB looming.

Offline Aries144

Re: new,1st post ? on new cz bren 2ms
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 06:20:22 AM »
I've got a 9" in 7.62x39. Mine has very punchy recoil with the stock gas cylinder. I shot it suppressed with the gas cylinder and piston from my 14" 5.56 Bren 2 and found it to be much smoother. Mine is clearly over gassed. I'm looking into having the "normal" gas port setting welded over and redrilled a smaller size.

I'm also concerned about parts availability. CZ did eventually get parts in for the 805s, but it's not clear to me how long that took nor how long they were available. I don't know what the holdup is, but it would be nice if someone at CZUSA would explain what's going on with parts.