Author Topic: For those that are interested in getting their BREN 2MS to look more like the 2S  (Read 734 times)

Offline Filliam

So I (like many others) prefer the look of the 2S over the 2MS, but unfortunately an incredibly small amount of the 2S's were ever imported, so we're stuck with the 2MS.
Besides the lack of lightening cuts, the other major difference is the cut-down fore-end of the receiver to accommodate a modular handguard. It's easier seen than read, so look here: https://i.redd.it/ehz2xelafel61.png

I am not a machinist by trade, so I have decided to get in touch with various machinists/fabricators to see if such a product is feasible. So far Dan Haga of HagaDefense has shown some interest, but nothing is guaranteed.

The largest hurdle is showing a manufacturer that there is at least a modicum of demand for such a product, so if you are interested in making your 2MS look more like the 2S via a new handguard, please add your information to the Google Doc.

I figure if we can get at least 20 people on board, a run of that number would be 'worth it' to the manufacturer. So if you know anyone else that would be interested, please spread the word!
Note: adding your information to the list requires no monetary commitment nor' is it a contract of sale.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DSQpmwXvQBdbnmjR1Heraydw8_qNRICYp5miAPkKKQQ/edit?usp=sharing

Offline scotheocelot

I’m not following the idea of this.  Isn’t the S2 a single monolithic upper?  From what I’ve researched the gas adjustment is at different lengths between the S2 and MS.  I guess what I am getting at is how would this handguard be different than HBI’s offering? Will the MS upper have to be machined to get the additional M-lok slot?  I apologize for the question dump but I am curious how this would work without covering the gas regulator on the MS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Aries144

Only the Bren 2 Carbine has a different gas block location. All S and MS Bren 2 models have the gas block and adjustment in the same spot.

Offline Filliam

I’m not following the idea of this.  Isn’t the S2 a single monolithic upper?  From what I’ve researched the gas adjustment is at different lengths between the S2 and MS.  I guess what I am getting at is how would this handguard be different than HBI’s offering? Will the MS upper have to be machined to get the additional M-lok slot?  I apologize for the question dump but I am curious how this would work without covering the gas regulator on the MS.

It would be a replacement handguard, it would just look as close to the 2S monolithic receiver as possible. The OEM and HBI handguards for the 2MS look considerably different than the front end of the 2S receiver, this would be an attempt to make your 2MS look more like a 2S. Obviously there would still be some differences, there would be a seam, and there would be a slight vertical hump, but other than that would look pretty similar.

Offline scotheocelot

It would be a replacement handguard, it would just look as close to the 2S monolithic receiver as possible. The OEM and HBI handguards for the 2MS look considerably different than the front end of the 2S receiver, this would be an attempt to make your 2MS look more like a 2S. Obviously there would still be some differences, there would be a seam, and there would be a slight vertical hump, but other than that would look pretty similar.
In that case, assuming similar price point to the HBI, I would interested in purchasing.

Offline Filliam

In that case, assuming similar price point to the HBI, I would interested in purchasing.

Go ahead and add your info to the Google Doc, spread the word if you can!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DSQpmwXvQBdbnmjR1Heraydw8_qNRICYp5miAPkKKQQ/edit?usp=sharing

anything