Author Topic: Another good day with the CZ MTR .22LR rifle at 100 yards this morning  (Read 872 times)

Offline Joe L

I'm getting much more comfortable behind the rifle with the shorter bipod and the reduction in tension in my neck and back is helping with getting more good groups, with no other changes. 

I went to the range to so some experimentation (more on that in a separate post later this week), so I had the camera and recorder running but I wasn't expecting super good results today.  When I got home I studied the targets and picked the two best five shot targets for a 20 second CZ fanboy video. 

Groups since the bipod change are running under an inch now at 100 yards with the SK Rifle Match ammo that I have.  I haven't tried any very high quality ammo in this rifle yet, due to pricing and availability.  But, for the ammo I have, I am very happy with this week's results.  This rifle is a joy to shoot.  (My Savage 22LR was very frustrating.  My Savage Model 10 in .308 is an excellent rifle.)

Yes, I'll run a few patches down the bore before sundown.  But not many, might ruin it.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
You humble us all.  Great shooting.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline Joe L

I only show the good targets!! 

Joe

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
Not only is there not enough ammo but not enough targets to get those groups.  But thanks for trying to make me feel better on my failures.  Still working on my 97 sights and loads.  Going to give it a try at 100.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline Boris_LA

Great shooting! Now on the calm day try to shot it on 200m. It is hard, but you may enjoy it.

Offline Joe L

Great shooting! Now on the calm day try to shot it on 200m. It is hard, but you may enjoy it.
The closest 200 yard range will be finished in another month or two.  I will definitely try it, with the scrawny little .22 and ALL of the pistols.  Can't wait.
Joe

Europe

I only show the good targets!! 

Joe