Author Topic: Maybe Somebody Should've Warned Me!  (Read 1864 times)

Offline leftoverture

Maybe Somebody Should've Warned Me!
« on: April 07, 2021, 07:22:40 PM »
I just picked up my Scorpion and haven't even fired it yet but I've been shopping for accessories since the moment I got it home. So far I've ordered an Elite Survival Systems case,  the ambidextrous safety delete kit,  and today a couple Magpul magazines.  Fortunately the folding brace I want is out of stock or my wallet would be even thinner.  I haven't even looked at optics yet but they're on the list.

Just don't want the better half to figure out the gun purchase was only the beginning.  ;D

Offline Trooper894

Re: Maybe Somebody Should've Warned Me!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 07:47:17 PM »
HB Industries are like CZ Scorpion product pimps, they have soooo much stuff to offer, if you'll just pay the fare. Your wife/girlfriend will soon become suspicious of all the charges to HBI and will wonder whose initials they are and why you are sending "her" soooo much money.
Scorpions are kinda like "Sugar Babies" or "Trophy Wives" as they love to be showered with all kinds of nice things and upgrades.
Get magazines while you still can. Who knows what is on the horizon. Luckily there are lots of options and they are reasonably priced.
Enjoy it.
Honor - Doing what's right, even if no one is watching.

Offline leftoverture

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 07:55:34 PM »
Oh yea, thanks for the tip. I have HBI bookmarked.  They definitely have goodies I want!

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 08:03:27 PM »
Welcome to the Evo Rabbit Hole. Keep us posted on how it takes shape.  ;)

Offline DeadTrigger

• Revelation 17:14
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 11:07:12 AM »
 I'm in the same boat OP!
 I bought a used Scorpion couple weeks ago. Complete impulse buy, but I figured it was a good addition to the armory. And should make nice compact EDC gun, backpacking gun, hiking gun, Grey Man gun.

I haven't fired mine either due to time & ammo hurdles, but I've already bought a MI HG & a Magpul pistol grip ( Should be in today  :) ).  I already have a red dot, and I like the CZ Irons, so that's covered.

Stuff I still need to get:

* AMMO!!!
*  thread protector, or a Flash Hider.
* HBI trigger spring kit.
* Magpul mags.

Backburner stuff:

*AK style right side safety lever.
 * Paddle Mag release.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

John Adams

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 11:53:00 AM »
Congrats,  leftoverture.

But... you know that they eventually are going to take it from you?   O0
 :) ;) :D ;D

Offline leftoverture

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 12:06:16 PM »
Congrats,  leftoverture.

But... you know that they eventually are going to take it from you?   O0
 :) ;) :D ;D

Molon labe

Offline Rwek

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 01:33:15 PM »
I'm in the same boat OP!
 I bought a used Scorpion couple weeks ago. Complete impulse buy, but I figured it was a good addition to the armory. And should make nice compact EDC gun, backpacking gun, hiking gun, Grey Man gun.

I haven't fired mine either due to time & ammo hurdles, but I've already bought a MI HG & a Magpul pistol grip ( Should be in today  :) ).  I already have a red dot, and I like the CZ Irons, so that's covered.

* AMMO!!!
* Magpul mags.

Backburner stuff:

* Paddle Mag release.
An HBI trigger spring kit is a must. Several videos on how to do it if you are a handy guy. While you have it apart to do that, it is a good time to polish surfaces that contact one another. Makes for a very smooth light trigger pull when completed. The AK style right side safety lever is a nice addition as well. I also put on a Sig Romeo 5 red dot sight. You can find them for a decent price if you shop around. Good luck with your new toy.

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 02:08:18 AM »
I'm in the same boat OP!

* AMMO!!!
* Magpul mags.

Backburner stuff:

* Paddle Mag release.
I bought a "used" Evo 3 S1 in like new condition. It had an SB brace on it, pulled it off and went with the factory folder / tailhook with adapter route. Much preferred. I opted for a Noveske Flaming Pig muzzle device, ahd a pile of Palmetto AkV mags. I run the Magpul grip and mag release and really like both.
On the trigger mine had the HBI spring kit installed and it work well enough. Not as nice as the CZ Custom shop trigger in my Scorpion carbine but then it wasn't a few hundred doll hairs and eight week wait either.

Offline seanwal23

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 08:07:03 AM »
Best decision I have made so far was sending my trigger group to shooters element. After all said and done you will enjoy the trigger feel so much more. I was the US Army's version of a "gunsmith", and normally do all my own work, but Taylor over there has amazing customer service, very quick turnaround (I had sent mine out and got back within a week), and not only does he install the HBI trigger spring kit for you, he polishes/smooths out all the necessary parts, and he works on the safety and smooths it out as well just because without even charging anymore. Can't recommend enough.

Offline b00st4ddicted

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 12:59:17 AM »
+1 on shooter element!  Excellent communication and super quick turn around!

Offline G230d

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 08:43:59 PM »
I just picked up my Scorpion and haven't even fired it yet but I've been shopping for accessories since the moment I got it home. So far I've ordered an Elite Survival Systems case,  the ambidextrous safety delete kit,  and today a couple Magpul magazines.  Fortunately the folding brace I want is out of stock or my wallet would be even thinner.  I haven't even looked at optics yet but they're on the list.

Just don't want the better half to figure out the gun purchase was only the beginning.  ;D
Been there.  The new gun is just the ENTRY point of the fun and lets face it expenses!  ;D

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 09:39:55 PM »
The good news is the gun does not have to be modified.  It functions just fine our of the box.  Second good news is that there are lots of aftermarket products for it to make it truly yours, and most can be installed by the owner without gunsmith support.  Bad news is that our significant others have access to our bank accounts and know where we spend our funds...  Still want a new magpul grip, HBI bolt release and prism scope.  I just have to buy them one at a time over the next few months.  By December it will be complete and my marriage intact...hopefully.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

anything